Will you choose the Droid Moto Z Force over the "regular" Droid Moto Z?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think the added features of the Droid Moto Z Force make it worth upgrading to?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, after owning the Turbo 2 with a shatter shield screen, and not having to worry about dropping my phone, I can't see myself going back to a traditional glass screen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Worth it just for the bigger battery size alone. Too bad it's locked into Big Red.

The way I understood the announcement was that is was available on Verizon first (this Summer), then available world wide in September.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't see any real benefit to not going with the Z Force over the Z. I mean yeah, the Z will cost less but it's alot less of a phone IMHO. Much better screen, much better rear camera with higher resolution and DTI on the Force, and significantly bigger battery, but not heavier.

The Deep Trench Isolation (DTI) - Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) is essentially the same technology used in the iPhone 6S iSight (from Tom's Hardware);

Camera-Deep_Trench_Isolation.png

Last edited:

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I don't see any real benefit to not going with the Z Force over the Z. I mean yeah, the Z will cost less but it's alot less of a phone IMHO. Much better screen, much better rear camera with higher resolution and DTI on the Force, and significantly bigger battery, but not heavier.

The Deep Trench Isolation (DTI) - Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) is essentially the same technology used in the iPhone 6S iSight (from Tom's Hardware);

Camera-Deep_Trench_Isolation.png

Just out of curiosity, what is the largest MicroSD card available? I saw a deal for a PNY 128 GB for $34.99.

Amazon.com: PNY Elite 128GB Microsdxc Card -UHS-I, U1, up to 85MB/Sec (P-SDU128U185EL-GE): Computers & Accessories

Not sure how much benefit that would provide me having 2 TB on my phone. Don't have enough songs, pictures, and music videos to justify that large of a storage capacity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Just out of curiosity, what is the largest MicroSD card available? I saw a deal for a PNY 128 GB for $34.99.

Amazon.com: PNY Elite 128GB Microsdxc Card -UHS-I, U1, up to 85MB/Sec (P-SDU128U185EL-GE): Computers & Accessories

Not sure how much benefit that would provide me having 2 TB on my phone. Don't have enough songs, pictures, and music videos to justify that large of a storage capacity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
200gb

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ

There is talk of a 512GB. Nobody sells it.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
IF I was still a Moto person, I would probably go with the Z Force because of the larger battery and shatterproof screen. I think the only advantage the regular Z has is that it is thinner. I got to play with the Z Force prototype last week and I'm amazed at how thin it is. The phone itself is too large for my small hands, so I won't be switching from my S7 when these come out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mcraeh

Reaction score
How does it compare to the Turbo (first edition) in size? I tried one of those out for a while after it came out, and it wouldn't even fit in my cupholder in my car. I really like this phone, I just wish the good ones weren't so freaking huge. My Moto X 2013 is getting to the point where I can't get through a half day on the battery so I was looking for an alternative. But I don't see any that aren't a huge jump in screen size and I'm not sure I could get used to it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How does it compare to the Turbo (first edition) in size? I tried one of those out for a while after it came out, and it wouldn't even fit in my cupholder in my car. I really like this phone, I just wish the good ones weren't so freaking huge. My Moto X 2013 is getting to the point where I can't get through a half day on the battery so I was looking for an alternative. But I don't see any that aren't a huge jump in screen size and I'm not sure I could get used to it.

It's even larger than the Turbo, thinner but larger.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The Moto Z is larger but thinner. The Moto Z Force is both larger and thicker.