Moto Z Force Droid Accessories

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm going to get one soon. Hoping that the dedicated shutter button is actually dedicated, and that the mod will do a great job with action shots.
The action pics are one thing I'm not sure about. It doesn't seem to be a "quick shooter" camera.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
The action pics are one thing I'm not sure about. It doesn't seem to be a "quick shooter" camera.

I don't like the sound of that. There seems to be many conflicting reports on the Hasselblad, but I will probably give it a shot. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't like the sound of that. There seems to be many conflicting reports on the Hasselblad, but I will probably give it a shot. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.
My wife used it for all Christmas Eve and Christmas day pics, in place of her DSLR camera and loves it. She thinks it takes really good pics. Just might not be the best at quick, action style shots; it seems to be better at still photos.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why aren't we talking about stuff like this, here on Droid Forums? Like other forums are. Anyway, for those that are interested in a thin, style shell type Moto Mod with wireless charging built in (or wireless and an IR scanner as a TV remote) check this out.

The Ultimate Moto Z Mod with Wireless Charging

R

RETG

Interesting mod; however, I would suggest the edges be beveled (slanted) so that a current bumper, either from Verizon of Incipio. to fit. But I never used wireless charging on my Turbo, even though my truck came equipped with a wireless charger.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Why aren't we talking about stuff like this, here on Droid Forums? Like other forums are. Anyway, for those that are interested in a thin, style shell type Moto Mod with wireless charging built in (or wireless and an IR scanner as a TV remote) check this out.

The Ultimate Moto Z Mod with Wireless Charging
Very interesting mod I also liked that other one that was posted some time ago that had the LED notifications. I haven't used anything with wireless charging as of yet so not to big on that. I'm still holding out for a carbon fiber or Kevlar style mod.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Interesting mod; however, I would suggest the edges be beveled (slanted) so that a current bumper, either from Verizon of Incipio. to fit. But I never used wireless charging on my Turbo, even though my truck came equipped with a wireless charger.
Agreed. If you look at all the pics he posted, the last one shows the newest prototype with beveled edges. I guess the one he used to film the video was an early prototype and he didn't bevel the edges.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Very interesting mod I also liked that other one that was posted some time ago that had the LED notifications. I haven't used anything with wireless charging as of yet so not to big on that. I'm still holding out for a carbon fiber or Kevlar style mod.

Moto does sell a carbon fiber style shell mod on their website. One in black and another in red.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Moto does sell a carbon fiber style shell mod on their website. One in black and another in red.

They are nylon type so I'm guessing they have a texture. I loved the way my employee edition Droid ultra looked with the red and black carbon fiber and no texture. I would have to see if I could try out the shell before ordering one. Thanks for the heads up about the shell must've missed that.
b5a1c3302158eeb6d399e49f17ca9775.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They are nylon type so I'm guessing they have a texture. I loved the way my employee edition Droid ultra looked with the red and black carbon fiber and no texture. I would have to see if I could try out the shell before ordering one. Thanks for the heads up about the shell must've missed that.
b5a1c3302158eeb6d399e49f17ca9775.jpg

Sorry, my bad, you are correct. They sell ballistic nylon style shells not carbon fiber. Oops, brain cramp on my part. I have not seen any carbon fiber style shells like the back of the Droid Maxx and Droid Turbo.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Very interesting mod I also liked that other one that was posted some time ago that had the LED notifications.

Exactly, and that's kind of my point. That post was made by the designer of the Mod to help raise interest. Not by our news team. Why don't we have news posts about this phone and cool new Mod ideas? If a Samsung executive passes gas on his way to work it would make the news section, but not cool new Moto Mod ideas that many of us would be interested in reading about.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Sorry, my bad, you are correct. They sell ballistic nylon style shells not carbon fiber. Oops, brain cramp on my part. I have not seen any carbon fiber style shells like the back of the Droid Maxx and Droid Turbo.

I still have that phone I cracked the screen on it and couldn't find a replacement screen that had the red buttons. I also wanted to get a new phone so didn't look to hard. I'm thinking of replacing the screen and leaving it at home to run the house ifttt duties, or maybe find a way to make it into a style shell lol.

Ramer864

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
443-284-5574
Picked up my Force Friday from Best Buy got the JBL mod for free with the upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Disregard the congrats comment. :eek:

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like Moto / Lenovo finally answered one of the questions that many Moto Z owners (and potential owners) have asked. Will our Moto Mods today be compatible on future phones. I just read an article on ZD Net and a senior exec stated that they plan on making all Moto Mods compatible on all Z series phones for the next 3 years. I take all online news with a grain of salt, but if true this sounds good to me. The Mods that I bought this year should work on the 2017 and 2018 Moto Z phones also. I guess that also means the new phones will have to keep the same basic size and shape to support the current Mods, but that's OK with me also.