Most Popular Cover for a Droid

cuskit

Reaction score
What's the consensus out there?
1. Do you use a cover?
2. What cover do you use?
3. Why?
4. Cost more than $10.00? Cost less than $10.00?
5. How many have you tried before settling on the one you use now?
6. Hard cover or soft cover?
7. What features do you feel would make the perfect cover?

I'll start myself! :)

I do use a cover.
The VZW Gel Cover.
It offers good protection and has a grippy surface for a solid grip.
It was more than ten bucks.
Second cover I bought - the first was a hard shell plastic - I hated it.
This is a soft cover and works for me!
Low cost, good protection, thin, easy to remove and enhances the look of my phone!

mikenilson

Reaction score
I've tried cover and cases for phones & ipods. They make the items feel to bulky, and they do not always stay on. So I always end up buying an Invisible skin product to use. I just removed the skins from my 2 year old LG Chocolates (mine & wifes) and the phones look brand new. Both phones have been dropped many times and manhandled and still come out looking like new.

goodwij

Reaction score
I use a cover. I have both the Sedio and the Body Glove. Love the protection of the body glove and the size and colors of the Sedio. Both over $10.00.
John

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
I use the Seidio. I like the added bulk (size and weight) of the covers. May get a BG after this one. Getting ready to Carbon Wrap it though:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/27830-dry-carbon-wrapped-moto-droid.html

Nice cheap alternative to the real Carbon Fiber cases from another thread that are still in development.
Yes - I've been following that thread also - hopefully my roll will be here in another day or so! I ordered a 12" x 48" piece - I'm trying it out myself. I've got a couple of projects in mind ;) mike

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes - I've been following that thread also - hopefully my roll will be here in another day or so! I ordered a 12" x 48" piece - I'm trying it out myself. I've got a couple of projects in mind ;) mike

You could do a Carbon Wrapped Mikradle:icon_ banana:. If I like it I'm thinking about doing the center console of my car:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:. I replaced the OEM radio with an aftermarket so now I have the adapter around the headunit and though it looks fine (looks just like the OEM did) I think the Carbon Wrap would look much nicer. Need to take the whole unit apart anyway for another mod (hardwired power cords for the Droid and my Zune) anyway.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
You could do a Carbon Wrapped Mikradle:icon_ banana:.
Dude that is an awesome idea.....

Cuskit I have a good idea for you.
Geez! Guess I'm not the only one that stays up all night! ;) Worked really late tonight, then home to catch up what I missed here on all my coffee breaks. :)

Yea - I'm taking $250.00 pre-order deposits on CF MIKRADLES...
Who needs my PayPal account number? :icon_ devil:

Rubbing my hands together in anticipation... ;) mikey

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ignore Cuskit's insomnia induced ravings above and just answer the questions.

1. Do you use a cover? Yes on mine. No on my wife's.
2. What cover do you use? Seidio
3. Why? Like the looks and have had good luck with their products on previous phones.
4. Cost more than $10.00? Cost less than $10.00? More.
5. How many have you tried before settling on the one you use now? One from VZW.
6. Hard cover or soft cover? Don't know how to classify the Seidio. It's not really "rubbery" but it's grippy.
7. What features do you feel would make the perfect cover? My Seidio cover (burgundy) doesn't look like a separate cover. I like that.

evolutionixmr

Reaction score
i went with the body glove. a bit bulky but knowing how i am, i tend to drop my phone a lot. havent drop it yet but it does feel like im carrying a brick around.

nocoolname

Reaction score
1. Do you use a cover? - Yes
2. What cover do you use? - VZW rubbery one, but ordered a Seidio
3. Why? - I'm clumsy.
4. Cost more than $10.00? Cost less than $10.00? - More.
5. How many have you tried before settling on the one you use now? - The Seidio will be my 2nd case
6. Hard cover or soft cover? - Rubbery now, the Seidio is a harder cover as I understand.
7. What features do you feel would make the perfect cover? I like the VZW case, but with it being so grippy, it turns part of my jean pocket wrong side out when I pull it out, and any little lint in my pocket sticks to it like no tomorrow. If someone made a rubbery/gel case that was a little smoother, and even one piece, as I never use the slideout keyboard, I would love it.

Reaction score
1. Do you use a cover? Yup
2. What cover do you use? Stealth Guard Protector
3. Why? Clear, scratch-proof, affordable
4. Cost more than $10.00? Cost less than $10.00? Less than $10 for full body scratch-proof protection
5. How many have you tried before settling on the one you use now? I have used Best Skins Ever and invisibleSHIELD
6. Hard cover or soft cover? Clear protection - soft
7. What features do you feel would make the perfect cover? I like the one I have

steveinil

Reaction score
. Do you use a cover? yes
2. What cover do you use? the ruberized body glove one from verizon
3. Why? i am a diesel mechanic and have it in my pocket at work.
4. Cost more than $10.00? Cost less than $10.00? more
5. How many have you tried before settling on the one you use now? frist one on this phone. but would like something not as bulky
6. Hard cover or soft cover? rubber
7. What features do you feel would make the perfect cover? pertaection and slimer

anyone seen or tried this cover

Verizon Motorola Droid Black Metal Case : (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.