Looking for a case/cover for D2G

ladeeda

Reaction score
I'm using a Verizon brand snap-on "Gel" cover that I bought directly from their store. But the top of the snap-on case gets in the way of the keyboard. (The top of the keyboard is already close to the slide-out as it is.)

Is anyone using a case that is non-slip, has a good grip AND doesn't obscure the top of the keyboard? If so, what brand?

Thank You!

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
I don't know why you need a case, the things built like a tank. Its got Gorilla glass and a metal battery cover. But I just take care of my stuff really well so idk.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Its got Gorilla glass and a metal battery cover.

That means nothing really. The screen can still scratch as far as I know, just not crack or atleast it is very hard to crack, and the battery cover means nothing imo. My mot backflip had a metal battery cover but it was executed horribly. On early devices it didnt hold the battery in place well causing random reboots from the battery coming loose. Plus I dropped min a short distance one time, and it caused the plastic that the metal hooks slide in to, to break. If you drop the device neither of those are going to help absorb the impact on the internal components. For that I believe a soft case is better since it can help bend to absorb the impact, but I have heard compelling arguments that a hard case is better.

To the OP, sorry dont have a case yet, so I cant comment.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I'm using a Verizon brand snap-on "Gel" cover that I bought directly from their store. But the top of the snap-on case gets in the way of the keyboard. (The top of the keyboard is already close to the slide-out as it is.)

Is anyone using a case that is non-slip, has a good grip AND doesn't obscure the top of the keyboard? If so, what brand?

Thank You!

I'm using a case that's hard plastic with a thin layer of leather, instead of being painted, all cut-outs are nicely sized so you generally have no access problems. It has a pretty good grip, too. I've taken to using the hard keyboard and the case isn't a serious impediment to thumb-typing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Screen can crack! and its not that hard either. I had my with a body glove on on my hip and walked pass a door and the knob hit the glass and cracked it!

ChuckG73

Reaction score
Just purchased Seidio Active. Very nice and does not add alot of bulk to the phone. Highly recommend

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Screen can crack! and its not that hard either. I had my with a body glove on on my hip and walked pass a door and the knob hit the glass and cracked it!

From what all I have read, you must have gotten a weak batch of gorilla glass then.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
could have been! Who knows how fast everything is made now days.

side note the Seidio Active, where did you get it and how much?

destin246

Reaction score
Otterbox commuter is great!

Sent from my GB'd DROID2 using DroidForums

eqforus5

Reaction score
Didn't like my otter box case because the back part of the case didn't stay on very well and the front felt really cheap to me. I use one of the snap on plastic cases from verizon and have had good luck out of it. I have dropped my phone several times with no damage at all.