Snap on cases causing damage to Moto Droid?

Tskjuggalo

Reaction score
Just snapped on my new Body Glove snap on case and it the tabs seem to be restricting that nice fluid slide action of a brand new Droid...anyone else experience this? Anyone ever heard of some kinda thick saran wrap kinda case...i don't necessarily need to open slide the phone open too access the keyboard the virtual works for me. I would leave this body glove on but when its closed its still putting upward pressure on the slide mechanism...almost couldn't return the last one because of the same type of snap on case...they called it "damaged"...

Reaction score
Just snapped on my new Body Glove snap on case and it the tabs seem to be restricting that nice fluid slide action of a brand new Droid...anyone else experience this? Anyone ever heard of some kinda thick saran wrap kinda case...i don't necessarily need to open slide the phone open too access the keyboard the virtual works for me. I would leave this body glove on but when its closed its still putting upward pressure on the slide mechanism...almost couldn't return the last one because of the same type of snap on case...they called it "damaged"...

I am using the cheapo plastic shell. It does add more friction to the slider due to the design. I doubt it will cause any long term damage though.

OP
T

Tskjuggalo

Reaction score
Just ordered zagg's invisible shield...ill find out in in a week if it lives up to the video(s)

viperboy

Reaction score
Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Cases will cause it to be a little tighter. This is normal behavior. As you slide the phone, it should become easier to slide and no damage will occur to your phone.

Disagree. I have seen two phones returned to stores with a fight because the cases caused damage to the slider mechanism. One of them got harder to close, even after remove the case, and the other practically slid open by looking at it. No other damage had been done to these phones. One was my mother who has barely even touched the damn thing.

viperboy

Reaction score

Disagree. I have seen two phones returned to stores with a fight because the cases caused damage to the slider mechanism. One of them got harder to close, even after remove the case, and the other practically slid open by looking at it. No other damage had been done to these phones. One was my mother who has barely even touched the damn thing.

Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Sorry, have not seen any damage as a result of having a case on the phone. I'm in a busy store and this hasn't been a concern.

Thats great. I have seen it, and the OP mentions that they stated his phone was "damaged" in the same way. I have seen mention of this on this forum as well as others. Just because people don't come in to complain doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I had to show two different stores the simple and technical fixes for storm 1 screen press issues.... In September... I think this is a warranted concern by the OP and shouldn't be brushed off as non existent.

viperboy

Reaction score

Thats great. I have seen it, and the OP mentions that they stated his phone was "damaged" in the same way. I have seen mention of this on this forum as well as others. Just because people don't come in to complain doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. I had to show two different stores the simple and technical fixes for storm 1 screen press issues.... In September... I think this is a warranted concern by the OP and shouldn't be brushed off as non existent.

I cannot speak for what you have seen and I can't do anything about it without verifying it. I'm not brushing it off, I will keep a look out for cases and their effect on the Droid's slider, but this has not been a complaint in my location.

GeneRs

Reaction score
Jeez... You had a problem returning a Droid because the cover "Damaged" it ? That seems absurd to me since the Body Glove case is one that Verizon sells. If they have a case that "damages" the phone, it should be their responsibility to make it right. If that's what is happening, they should pull the cases from their line up.

By the way.... I am using a Case-Mate Clear Armor Screen protector coupled with the case below (offered by Verizon.) The case is slim yet seems very sturdy. I like it ALOT. They had not better give me a hard time should I have to return for a problem with my Droid since this is a case I got directly from them.

Enter your location

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I started out with the Body Glove on my LG Glimmer so I bought one for my Droid. I ended up taking it back because it is too much of a pain to remove it to access the battery/SD card. I ended up buying a case for the Droid Eris with the magnetic flap and love it.

doc69

Reaction score
Jeez... You had a problem returning a Droid because the cover "Damaged" it ? That seems absurd to me since the Body Glove case is one that Verizon sells. If they have a case that "damages" the phone, it should be their responsibility to make it right. If that's what is happening, they should pull the cases from their line up.

By the way.... I am using a Case-Mate Clear Armor Screen protector coupled with the case below (offered by Verizon.) The case is slim yet seems very sturdy. I like it ALOT. They had not better give me a hard time should I have to return for a problem with my Droid since this is a case I got directly from them.

Enter your location

This is the case I have to. I love this case. I had the body glove & did not like it. It would drag on the back of the screen as you slid out the keyboard.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I like the way the hard case makes my Droid's slide out key board a little tighter. I hardly use the slide out and I kept the plastic sheet on the back for the same reason. It's not hard to slide out but it is firm. Seems like a one piece device.

zegolf

Reaction score
I used the Snap-on, generic silicon cover that I bought at my VZW store. The tabs that held it onto the phone bent a bit and it wouldn't completely stay on. It also made the phone SUPER bulky. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this phone is sharp looking, and putting a case on it really takes away from the design.

I'll just try not to drop it, and if I do drop it, make sure I step on it so I can use my insurance to get a new one.

OP
T

Tskjuggalo

Reaction score

Enter your location

What I did was bring it to their attention (at the corporate store)prior to having the case screw up the phone (again)and told them that i'll be back to swap the phone when it happens with the body glove. I dont wanna leave the house with the phone unless theres a case on it so i kept the body glove on it unless its its in my window mount. Hoping i can fit the droid in the window holster with the invisashield on. I expect to be back there swapping out the phone when my invisa shield comes in cause its already bent the mechanism making the slide rough. I dont slide it out and I could do completely without the keyboard but I don't want a damaged 1000$ phone; then again, thats just my opinion