Snap-on case tried to snap my phone's shell off...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So...First, forgive me if anyone's already posted a thread like this...I tried to search, but mostly all I got was people asking how to safely remove a snap-on case...

Just a little bit ago, I remembered I had a text, and went to power the screen on. The phone didn't respond after multiple tries, so I removed my Body Glove snap-on case (from Verizon store...I used it for a couple days, then went back to a pouch, and recently decided to give it another try...). I was very careful in doing so. I love my Droid and am afraid that removing the case is going to cause me to pull the screen off the keyboard part.

Anyway, I pulled the battery out, put it back in, and powered up the phone.

HOWEVER, when I went to put the case back on, I noticed that it was pushing the thin piece of the shell below the physical keyboard up.

So...My questions are, did the Body Glove case cause this? Has anyone else experienced it? and, It kinda sorta snaps back down while still being a little loose, so is this something I should be taking the phone into the store for, because I don't want dirt, pocket lint, etc getting in there and messing up my little buddy!!!

Any comments, questions, ideas, etc are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
Go back to the store and complain. Cheap case = consequences. Sorry that you had to experience something like that Jon. My guess is that 1 of 2 things will happen. 1. They will repair it. 2. They will say its your own fault because you removed the case in a rough manner (pretty much the big F u). Hope they take care of it for you!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Cheap case = consequences.

I wouldnt consider the body glove a "cheap case"

I wouldn't either, especially since THEY sold it to me. It was in THEIR store. Luckily, I think the girl that setup my account and stuff when I got the Droid has a bit of a crush on me. She seems to like it when I go in there, and even put in a good word for me there when I turned in my resume...

Guess I'll do my best to catch her there and hope she can help me out.

Chris, if your case causes this problem......:icon_evil: Haha!