For everyone with a snap on case, a question!

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Okay, so I REALLY want to order the Seidio black snap on case, or possibly any snap on case for some protection, but I have been more than concerned with the possibility that it degrades the sliding mechanism. I guess the clips for the case to snap on actually separate the two parts of the phone a bit more causing a loose slider when the case is OFF. I know that it tightens it up when it's on, but I'd hate for it to become loose without it.

Can anyone take their case off and tell me how the sliding has held up?

msblueline

Reaction score
Okay, so I REALLY want to order the Seidio black snap on case, or possibly any snap on case for some protection, but I have been more than concerned with the possibility that it degrades the sliding mechanism. I guess the clips for the case to snap on actually separate the two parts of the phone a bit more causing a loose slider when the case is OFF. I know that it tightens it up when it's on, but I'd hate for it to become loose without it.

I use a clear plastic case and I use it naked. Mostly naked though. I do have a screen protector on it.

I have not had any issues with the sliding at all. Then again, I rarely use the slide keyboard. I usually just use the touch keypad sideways. It works just fine for me.

msblueline

tktouch12

Reaction score
I have the exact same concern as you. I have a clear snap on case but im afraid to use it because I don't want to loosen the slider. I wish we could somehow have silicon cases.

bigthinker

Reaction score

When going into extreme conditions like hiking or on the boat, I put mine in the black snap on case and it does a fine job. It slides fine, not quite the same but almost....It makes the phone a little bulkier so I prefer not to have it on all the time....My Droid likes the fresh air!!! Naked he came into this world and naked he will return someday!:motdroidvert:

Mmracing

Reaction score
I removed my snap on case just for the reason you stated. With the case the keyboard slid a little harder. Nakid is the way I go now. Just have to be careful.

lockman

Reaction score
I have the VZW case/ holster for mine. Much like the Seidio case. The way it attaches to the phone, neither half touches the other half of the phone, so it slides the same whether you have it on or not. Hope that helps.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
I too have the clear snap on case. I used it for when I am at work and other stuff where I fear my phone may get damaged, but as I have the docking station, which I use as a bedside clock at night, I have to take the thing off every day. The sliding action of the phone is still perfect, it stays closed and doesn't slide open too easily. I use the physical keyboard about 50/50 with the touch keyboard. The problem I actually have run into is on the case. After removing it so many times, one of the clips has worn down and now the piece that fits around the screen won't stay on anymore, and pops off all the time. So I am looking for an alternative case that is not too bulky, but I haven't found a good one. I'd like some sort of runnerized cover, heck I wouldn't even really care if I couldn't use the keyboard with it, I just wan't some reliable protection.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I see, so the case clip doesn't go into the middle of the phone separating the two pieces a bit? I mean that would make sense why the slider is firmer, why else would that happen?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I too have the verizon case and holster. The case snaps on but it does not overlap the half that it is protecting. Does not affect the slider at all. Very well designed. Best case I have ever owned for a phone.

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
I too have the verizon case and holster. The case snaps on but it does not overlap the half that it is protecting. Does not affect the slider at all. Very well designed. Best case I have ever owned for a phone.

+1 Excellent case and does not affect the slider. I had to return it though because I need to use the car dock for nav and I think removing the snap on case would get old in a hurry. It would be nice if they offered upsized docks that Droids with cases could use.