VZW Snap on Silicone Cover

Terra

Reaction score
When it comes to cases for the droid there isn't much of a selection. I've been debating, for some time, whether to buy a universal pouch, case, or the like, but finally, after hearing good reviews about it, I decided to purchase the Snap on Silicone Case from VZW. (Link provided below)For those people who have voice plans 79.99 and above, you qualify for VIP membership, which among other things gets you 25% off accessories. Thus, out the door, I paid $13 and some change for the cover. The cover fits well. It does add a little extra bulk to the phone, but that is to be expected. The keyboard is not affected at all by the cover, in fact, that is the first thing I checked before purchasing the cover. The volume rocker and camera button can be accessed with ease since the cover is flexible. (It appears that along the edges the cover primarily silicone).What I like most about the cover is the hybrid use of silicone and plastic. The clips are flexible and appear to be plastic coated with silicone. I mention this because a primary concern of mine was if the clips would scratch the droid when taking it off or putting it on. I've taken the cover off and put it back on a couple of times and I'm please to say that the clips did not scratch my droid. Also, I like that the screen snap on section of the cover protrudes more lengthwise instead of widthwise. Therefore, it creates a triangular shaped lip, which frames the screen, and should protect the screen from direct impact if the phone should be dropped. The triangular shape of the top snap is probably one of the reasons that the cover doesn't impact the accessibility of the keyboard. My only con is that the cover will take some getting used. First, it adds a little bulk, and if you’re used to using the droid without a cover, then it will take some time to get accustomed to it with a cover on. Secondly, the clips create a little friction between the cover and the slider. That is, I compared sliding the keyboard out with and without the cover on, and the latter has a slight increase in resistance. On a scale from 0-10, 0 being the droid's normal resistance without a cover, I'd say the cover increases the resistance to a 1 or 2 max. In my opinion it's negligible, but slightly noticeable. These cons, however, are short term, and should remedy themselves over time. Overall I'm satisfied with the cover and would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable silicone style cover, which is not universal, but made specifically for the droid. Enter your location
****I cannot figure out why its combining the paragraphs, sorry.***

Last edited:

LordKastle

Reaction score
I use my Zune pouch which is optimal for me because of the lack of bulk in my pocket but I am considering purchasing one of these cases for someone else. Fair assessment on your part.

spicaly

Reaction score
Thanks, this is one of the first things I will probably buy

Toochief

Reaction score
I purchased this a couple of weeks ago. I have enjoyed it and have found no issues. I have the black color.

terriermike

Reaction score
Can you explain more about the VIP membership thing? We pay about $185/month for four lines and two data plans...but have never heard anything about 25% off accessories.

xxfire

Reaction score
The only issue I see with that is the same issue I have with my cover I'm using now. The top row of keys is hard to type on. That's all. I got big hands though.

OP
T

Terra

Reaction score
Can you explain more about the VIP membership thing? We pay about $185/month for four lines and two data plans...but have never heard anything about 25% off accessories.

Yeah, any VZW customer who is on a rate plan of 79.99 or higher is automatically enrolled into the VZW VIP program (was told about it at a local VZW store). A perk of the program is 25% off accessories. Moreover, if you work for a corporation that has an employee liable account with VZW, then you can get a discount anywhere from 10 to 25% depending on the size of the organization; if your company has an employee liable acct., then all you need is a corporate email and you can register on VZW.com.

wingznut

Reaction score
One of the perks of this design is it made my loose battery cover a non issue.

JLB09

Reaction score
One of the perks of this design is it made my loose battery cover a non issue.

I can certainly vouch for that, as I put my silicone cover on the first day and never have even noticed an issue with the battery cover being loose. Cover works great.

mwinne

Reaction score
I had this case, and liked the feel of it very much. Unfortunately, one edge was always unclipping, and there was no way to clip it to my belt, so I have recently replaced it with the shell/holster combo. This is nice in that it stays on, and I can now attach it to my belt, but I do not like the feel of it as well, nor do I think it protects the phone as much. If I could find a mix of these two, it would be the perfect case for me.

MickeyG

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue of the frame edge constantly coming off. Like it, but going to have to return it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
just bought the case this past weds and I have to say it's an EXCELLENT case. The Fit is perfect and the quality is top notch.

This is the first case I have ever bought from VZW because I was more attracted to other brands but I have to say this case impressed me.

I highly recommend anybody considering getting the Seidio or another brand similiar to this to check it out. For $16 it's a steal.

steve13

Reaction score
I really like this case as well, but the only problem for me is that it's a little too grippy. Pulling it out of my pockets is sometimes a chore.

dpixel8

Reaction score
I got the same one, because it was cheap and I am waiting for Seidio to come out with something with their better rubber coating. The thing I don't like about this one, is that it indeed does collect dust/lint. Not my favorite, but it'll protect well for the time being.

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue of the frame edge constantly coming off. Like it, but going to have to return it.
What's coming off? I had an issue with the corner by the power button/volume rocker popping off. The simple fix for me - bend it. If you bend the hard plastic toward the phone, it reshapes it to fit on the phone very well. I'm thinking that the hard plastic pieces just gets bent in packaging and shipping, but when you bend them back they hold. I've had no problems with the corner popping off since.