Case I won From Droid Forum Contest

Tpayne23

Reaction score
The Case I won was the Verizon Snap-On Hard Cover in Blue. Here are some photos of it on my phone.
tpayne23-albums-verizon-snap-hard-cover-blue-picture449-front.jpg
tpayne23-albums-verizon-snap-hard-cover-blue-picture450-back.jpg

My first impressions when I opened it up were "Wow this is a weird looking blue" I didn't think it would be a deep enough shade for me to like but when it snaps on the phone it darkens up a little since the case is clear/see through which made it look somewhat better to me. I little bit darker of a blue would have been nicer in my opinion but it does depend on how much light is hitting it for how much the blue really "glows" for lack of better terms. The case snapped on easily. I couldn't remove it with my fingers without feeling like I would break it though, the clips hold nice and tight. With a small screwdriver to help the clips out a little it should be fairly easy to remove but I haven't tried it yet.

At first the phone felt noticeably bulkier and my fingers didn't wrap around the phone as much holding it. I actually preferred this, the phone felt more comfortable in my hand with the case on. But it also feels like the phone becomes a little slicker with the case on if any moisture from my hands get on it. The keyboard slides out with more resistance now, easily noticeable. The two clips on either side of the volume rocker rub slightly when it's opened and closed.

As far as the openings and buttons are concerned everything feels pretty good to me. I can still get to all the buttons easily and have no problems pressing them. The camera and flash have adequate room as well as the speaker. I didn't hear any noticeable difference from the volume with the case on.

Would I recommend this case to others? Yes. Is this case staying on my phone? Yes. If there is a color you like go for it. Verizon's site shows clear/gray, blue, and purple/pinkish color. So my recommendation comes with one caution. I haven't dropped my phone so I don't know how well it protects it if you do drop it. It will keep the phone from dings and dents though. If you want to know anything else or if you think I forgot something let me know. Here's a few more photos for a better idea of how it looks.
tpayne23-albums-verizon-snap-hard-cover-blue-picture452-left.jpg
tpayne23-albums-verizon-snap-hard-cover-blue-picture453-right.jpg
tpayne23-albums-verizon-snap-hard-cover-blue-picture451-keyboard.jpg

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I tried that case and I had a hard time getting it to fit around the keyboard. I sent it back. But who knows, maybe I was putting it on backwards.:)

OP
Tpayne23

Tpayne23

Reaction score
I doubt you were trying to put it on backwards (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one). Maybe the one you bought was a random error, who knows. I wonder if anyone else had that problem. Glad this one was a perfect fit though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm not one to use colored cases. I prefer black ones ONLY but this blue actually looks REALLY good.

I'm impressed : )

DroidCoug

Reaction score
I bought that blue one on opening day with my droid, since blue was the only hard case they had at my store. Its a good case but after a little over a month, maybe two, the front piece lost its, for lack of better words, grip. Almost like from sliding the keyboard all the time for usage one of the clips for the front case almost got shaved down and didn't stay snapped on. I took it back to VZW and they were able to exchange it for me, ended up replacing it with same case but clear instead of blue. Overall I like the case but may try a Siedo if my current one doesn't last more than 2 months.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Thanks for posting pics and a review ;)

OP
Tpayne23

Tpayne23

Reaction score
I bought that blue one on opening day with my droid, since blue was the only hard case they had at my store. Its a good case but after a little over a month, maybe two, the front piece lost its, for lack of better words, grip. Almost like from sliding the keyboard all the time for usage one of the clips for the front case almost got shaved down and didn't stay snapped on. I took it back to VZW and they were able to exchange it for me, ended up replacing it with same case but clear instead of blue. Overall I like the case but may try a Siedo if my current one doesn't last more than 2 months.

I could actually see this happening since a few of the clips rub on mine too. It might take a while on mine though because I don't use the slide out keyboard that much.