Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
any updates as to when 2.2 will be out for those of us who haven't rooted our Droids

No, we don't know anything about that yet.

Miami just said he had heard "soon" for both it and a patch for the Incredible and "For those who want to wait it out. i would bet buy mid July we could see the rollout start". Besides the inherent contradiction in there :wink:, I'd say "sometime before the end of next month, hopefully inside the week."

That's about the best anyone can do; guess. Motorola's been pretty tight-lipped since the leaks and Verizon hasn't said jack in forever.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
any updates as to when 2.2 will be out for those of us who haven't rooted our Droids

No, we don't know anything about that yet.

Miami just said he had heard "soon" for both it and a patch for the Incredible and "For those who want to wait it out. i would bet buy mid July we could see the rollout start". Besides the inherent contradiction in there :wink:, I'd say "sometime before the end of next month, hopefully inside the week."

That's about the best anyone can do; guess. Motorola's been pretty tight-lipped since the leaks and Verizon hasn't said jack in forever.

Nothing against my boss, but is this the same Miami that told me it would be out in late May, causing me to predict early June?;)

Skull One

Reaction score
I still believe we will be lucky to see it by August. Motorola and Verizon both have an incentive to push new phones first. And the new Droids coming out very soon will need decent sales. So if they come out with 2.2 pre-installed expect the original Droid to have at least a two month lag so sales can flatten out first.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think we can forgive you this time, Hook. :D Still, "soon" is accurate to a given value, and in this case I think we can assume the given value isn't going to be "in June" as promised. Having seen the quality of the leaks, I'm going to point my finger at Adobe at this point. I'd be willing to bet a small sum on the fact that they're trying to push full hardware Flash support for the Droid since at stock speeds, even with JIT, it's too much for our phones to handle without it. That kind of specialized coding takes a lot of work, and Adobe's not the most reliable when it comes to meeting deadlines. Still, credit where credit's due; they did get the first Beta out on schedule.

Of course, it sounds like they're integrating HTML 5 into the latest versions of Flash, so who knows what's going on over there.

Soon. Till then I'll try FRF57. I installed it last night and I hope I don't have to roll back to 2.1 any time soon...

Are there any further reports of anyone seeing OTA updates in the wilds? I got all excited and tingly when I saw that reported the other day. dancedroid

ipawd1

Reaction score
Confused. Which is the most recent, and accurated FROYO build? I'm looking at Chevy's build and I see that he has some fixes there. Mine is running smooth, only vice id the Market for some reason STILL shows things downloading everytime I open the market. What do I do, and what rom do I chose?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Confused. Which is the most recent, and accurated FROYO build? I'm looking at Chevy's build and I see that he has some fixes there. Mine is running smooth, only vice id the Market for some reason STILL shows things downloading everytime I open the market. What do I do, and what rom do I chose?

Not exactly sure what you mean. At this point all the FroYo ROMs are based on the latest leaked version, aka FRF57. The individual fixes and whatnot are applied in their builds only if the Dev put them. You'd have to read up on them or contact the Dev directly unless they see your post here.

If you mean "most like stock" then the OP posting is your best bet. The ROMs are set up the way the Dev thinks best. Try one and see if you like it.

Mike7

Reaction score
Having problems installing? Can any one point me in the right dirección?

Mike7

Reaction score
I downloaded update, try to place in root folder(using Astro) but it wont let me. is there any place out there giving step by step?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I downloaded update, try to place in root folder(using Astro) but it wont let me. is there any place out there giving step by step?

Which update? Are you downloading the clockwork or the SPRecovery update?

First things fire -- make a Nandroid backup of your phone. To be safest, copy it to your computer.

If it's the SPRecovery update you need to extract it and place it in your Nandroid folder, then boot into recovery, restore, advanced Nandroid restore, pick the froyo nandroid, then tell it to restore.

However, you MUST clear your system and data caches first.

So, a step by step -- mount your SD card, extract into your Nandroid folder, reboot phone into recovery, made a Nandroid backup, wipe system/data caches at least twice to be completely safe, select advanced Nandroid restore, pick the FroYo Nandroid, do your restore (I select everything except recovery, but that might be overkill), reboot the phone, wait for it to reboot, run through the phone setup crap, wait for it to sync, enjoy your FroYo goodness.

You may want to update your baseband as well. If you do, I posted a link to Pete's all-in-one baseband update a little earlier in this thread... or you could look it up in his Bugless Beast subforum here.

I don't use clockwork so I have no idea how to run it. I'm sure someone else does.

I also think there's a FroYo install thread somewhere on here that would answer all your questions.

ipawd1

Reaction score
So I dont see widgets available when i run them from the sd card....Is this able to be fixed?

I have espn on my sd card, but the widget wont work. Do I have to have it on the phones internal memory to run? (the widget)

drewlamo1

Reaction score
So I dont see widgets available when i run them from the sd card....Is this able to be fixed?

I have espn on my sd card, but the widget wont work. Do I have to have it on the phones internal memory to run? (the widget)

pretty sure widget apps have to be in the internal memory for them to work properly.

i just moved all my games and anything that doesnt use a widget to the sd