Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohfire

Reaction score
Novice question: I've got a rooted droid running Bugless Beast, a custome boot screen and a custome kernal for overclocking. What should I know before attempting to flash to this ROM?

Novice question: I've got a rooted droid running Bugless Beast, a custome boot screen and a custome kernal for overclocking. What should I know before attempting to flash to this ROM?

You will have the base 2.2 rom when you flash. You will not be able to reload BB until they upgrade to a 2.2 rom. You can and will have to dload P3 kernals to get your wifi and 3g working after the flash and then you can overclock with them. Most find the rom stable, smoothe and extremely fast.

Looks like I'll be flashing it soon then!

just go to page one of this thread and follow the instructions step by step. It was pretty painless for me. good luck

nyijedi

Reaction score
My battery life has been HORRIBLE. Just watched it go from 40% to 20% in a matter of mins without even really doing anything. I wiped data and everything only have the 800 kernal. Should i reinstall it clean again? I actually did it all from my phone. Any suggestions?

I couldn't get decent battery life either. I went back to BB and will come back to Froyo when a new kernel is released.

peterjariel

Reaction score
My battery life has been HORRIBLE. Just watched it go from 40% to 20% in a matter of mins without even really doing anything. I wiped data and everything only have the 800 kernal. Should i reinstall it clean again? I actually did it all from my phone. Any suggestions?

I couldn't get decent battery life either. I went back to BB and will come back to Froyo when a new kernel is released.

Omg I was about to post this too I had 80% batt now I got 20% and I've been on the forum for like 20 to 25 min. This is insane there's gotta be a fix for this

n0m0n

Reaction score
i use hulu by going to the browser, in the address bar "about:debug" enter, then go to browser settings and at the very bottom theres the option to choose android, desktop and iphone...

choose desktop, then go to hulu.com/widget/player and they should play

Thanks but you need flash 10.1, and that is what I was asking about.

Also do you or anyone know what happened to app2sd?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

App2SD works just fine, it is up to the app dev's to update their apps to allow for SD card placement, SetCPU has the "move to SD card" option after the latest update
Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

App2SD works just fine, it is up to the app dev's to update their apps to allow for SD card placement, SetCPU has the "move to SD card" option after the latest update

I did this and it stopped working. Had to re-install it on the phone to get it to work again.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Froyo is running 36c-38c idle CPU temps in my A/Ced room... and if you use any app, browser or whiochever, it immediately jumps inot the 40c's... we really need a LV/LowTemp kernel for this ROM!!!... we may be doing some serious damage testing out this Beta... I've seen it approahing 50c!!... that is not too healthy for our Droids guys...

sethmo

Reaction score
OCed to 1.1GHz(1100/250), phone has been sitting idle for awhile, currently 27C.

gordyjb

Reaction score
hey, I cant find the directories in my phone, also I dont know how to start phone in recovery mode, duh!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OCed to 1.1GHz(1100/250), phone has been sitting idle for awhile, currently 27C.
Using P3Droid's 1.1GHz kernel for Froyo?
What are you using toi get that Temp reading?

n0m0n

Reaction score

Don't I have to place a check mark somewhere?
I didn't find any app2sd option.

Where is it?

Thanks

ohfire

Reaction score
Froyo is running 36c-38c idle CPU temps in my A/Ced room... and if you use any app, browser or whiochever, it immediately jumps inot the 40c's... we really need a LV/LowTemp kernel for this ROM!!!... we may be doing some serious damage testing out this Beta... I've seen it approahing 50c!!... that is not too healthy for our Droids guys...

Every post I have seen says that it can only read battery temps, that none of the apps are able to read CPU temps yet.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Every post I have seen says that it can only read battery temps, that none of the apps are able to read CPU temps yet.
You can but I'd like to hear what sethmo used...

Status
Not open for further replies.