MIUI rom downloader app?

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
uhm ok so i've had MIUI before and i've constantly switched between different roms until recently i decided to come back and i went into the market to see what comes up when i type in MIUI just expecting to find like launcher themes and such...but i found this app....MIUI rom downloader....i installed it yet it keeps saying that the D1 isn't supported....anyone have any clue how to get this app working with the D1? it woudlnt be on the market if it wasn't supported would it?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Never heard of the app before. You can use ron manager to download the rom under my name. The new one hasn't been added yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jengas kahn

Reaction score
i thought this was going to be like a miui rom repository or something.

'cause that would be cool.

i sometimes miss the ones from like mid october to the end of november...

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
i know about rom manager already but it was so random and if getting a quick update through the rom creators own personal server is faster than waiting around for that same person to upload the file to a seperate server then download it through it i think it would be better if they used the rom updater like cyanogenmod does lol. dont you think? i mean whats the point in having a rom updater if its not used no? :p

besides its freeee lol not like i haven't bought rom manager premium already ROFL

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i know about rom manager already but it was so random and if getting a quick update through the rom creators own personal server is faster than waiting around for that same person to upload the file to a seperate server then download it through it i think it would be better if they used the rom updater like cyanogenmod does lol. dont you think? i mean whats the point in having a rom updater if its not used no? :p

besides its freeee lol not like i haven't bought rom manager premium already ROFL

They dont have a dl for the d1 because they dont support the d1. I port the milestone version to get it to work on the D1. I put it on rm because its easy to install and in the free section.

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score

They dont have a dl for the d1 because they dont support the d1. I port the milestone version to get it to work on the D1. I put it on rm because its easy to install and in the free section.

ooooooooooooh so that app is for the MILESTONE? hmmmm oh wells~ -deletes the app- -sigh- was worth a try i guess :p
granted dont you think it would be easier to put all ports on one server instead of doing all that extra work with rom manager? or am i missing something about the process that it takes to upload a file to rom manager? is it THAT easy that u just dont need to bother with the app and leave the app for the milestone alone? i seem interested in the whole process personally since im slowly getting into android programming :333

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
waaaaaaaaaaaait....isn't the d1 the milestone? .w.;; IM SO CONFUSED NOW lol

i mean when ever i look up android milestone on google the pictures show the moto d1 and d2 as the milestone.....

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the milestone is the uk/asian version of the d1. Lots of internal differences. I dont have to update my rom to a special server for rom manager. I am on their manifest on github, so all i have to do is update my manifest with the link and info to the new build and it updates immediately on rom manager.

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
the milestone is the uk/asian version of the d1. Lots of internal differences. I dont have to update my rom to a special server for rom manager. I am on their manifest on github, so all i have to do is update my manifest with the link and info to the new build and it updates immediately on rom manager.

oooooooooooooooooooooooh....WHY DID THEY GET THE AWESOME NAME AND AMERICA GOT THE BORING NAME LIKE "droid" ffs! >w<;; milestone sounds so much cooler! and it fits the idea of it much better too! it IS a milestone in android software as well as smartphone technology! >w<;;

as for the update process on rom manager that makes sense actually just updating the manifest would be quicker than uploading a new file every time to a seperate server lol. and rom manager doesn't work in the UK i assume which is why you made the APP for the milestone am i correct? :3 that or to keep the versions separate i can only assume its one of the 2 reasons lol.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

oooooooooooooooooooooooh....WHY DID THEY GET THE AWESOME NAME AND AMERICA GOT THE BORING NAME LIKE "droid" ffs! >w<;; milestone sounds so much cooler! and it fits the idea of it much better too! it IS a milestone in android software as well as smartphone technology! >w<;;

as for the update process on rom manager that makes sense actually just updating the manifest would be quicker than uploading a new file every time to a seperate server lol. and rom manager doesn't work in the UK i assume which is why you made the APP for the milestone am i correct? :3 that or to keep the versions separate i can only assume its one of the 2 reasons lol.

I didn't make the app or the milestone version. I believe that rm works fine in the uk. They prob have the app just to have it or its malware. The supported versions of miui actually comes with an app called updater that they can use to update to the newest version each week. We can't use that because you can't use translations in it. Plus my internal file changes mess with it. Thats why i delete it from the rom before releasing it.

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score

I didn't make the app or the milestone version. I believe that rm works fine in the uk. They prob have the app just to have it or its malware. The supported versions of miui actually comes with an app called updater that they can use to update to the newest version each week. We can't use that because you can't use translations in it. Plus my internal file changes mess with it. Thats why i delete it from the rom before releasing it.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ok then nvm on the app! lol good thing i deleted it if it was malware im safe now :p

porky101

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but why cant custom ROMs push updates to the phone like a carrier can? Or could MIUI have a option in settings to update phone and then take the update.zip from a server somewhere and update the phone for us, so we do not have to keep on backing up and updating the phone every week and reorganizing our apps and everything.

frostthejack

Reaction score

Actually I think its cause they don't know you make a version for it. You might contact the devs

frostthejack

Reaction score

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ok then nvm on the app! lol good thing i deleted it if it was malware im safe now :p

Its not malware there is an updater app that comes on miui its not the same as the app you downloaded.