D1-MIUI Discussion

XXXLogic

Reaction score
Im sure the devs know this but Miui built in file explorer is com.android.fileexplorer.FileViewActivity. When i make a shortcut to this on my home screen it launches fine. This is probably what should be launched when sd card and phone storage is pressed, it was the only thing that i found while searching through the processes.

edit: nvm its only the file explorer and doesnt show sd card stats

Last edited:

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Im sure the devs know this but Miui built in file explorer is com.android.fileexplorer.FileViewActivity. When i make a shortcut to this on my home screen it launches fine. This is probably what should be launched when sd card and phone storage is pressed, it was the only thing that i found while searching through the processes.

edit: nvm its only the file explorer and doesnt show sd card stats

Actually that's a great find. I didn't think to add a shortcut to it to get it working. I left it in there because I wasn't sure exactly what resources use it.

CJLee89

Reaction score
Needs some work

As much as I like this ROM, I think I am going to have to change until it gets further developed.

I wiped cache/data 3 times...

Issues:
1.) Force Closes too often.
2.) All FB contacts are synced even though I have "Sync only with existing contacts" selected.
3.) No rotation on home screen when the keyboard is slid out.
4.) Lock screen is messed up in landscape mode.
5.) Vibrate/Sound settings are incorrect.
6.) SMS are laggy showing up, and I can not receive MMS (handcent SMS)
--> I removed the stock messaging app...not sure if this would cause this or not.
7.) Location doesn't work with GPS off.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As much as I like this ROM, I think I am going to have to change until it gets further developed.

I wiped cache/data 3 times...

Issues:
2.) All FB contacts are synced even though I have "Sync only with existing contacts" selected.
--> I removed the stock messaging app...not sure if this would cause this or not.

I don't think the ROM is the problem. I literally have none of these issues. Did you try Fix Permissions for the FCs?

zwade01

Reaction score
The force closes are (at least on mine) related to no landscape mode on the home screen. Don't open your keyboard with the phone asleep and don't hit home with the keyboard open and it'll solve 99% of your FC's. As for me, it's plenty stable enough ROM for everyday use :)

Oh and in my experience, removing stock mms on froyo roms = problems... I like the stock mms on this rom anyway. Have you checked it out? It has pop-up like handcent.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
actually, he is right. A lot of these are issues of the ROM when flashed w/o a backbone rom. I had the same issues. its annoying at times. Sync fb issues is beyond the pic showing up for the contact icon....like he said...even though you select "only sync with contacts"...its syncs ALL of your fb friends.

I have kept this rom because I really like it, but it has given me some issues as well that seem to be ignored when asked.

One of my main concerns is that the phone unlocks itself when the slider keyboard opens in my pocket...upon which...buttons start getting pushed...people are getting called, apps opening, etc while the phone is in my pocket. Ive asked about it 3 times and it has been ignored.

I still use the ROM, but...I am thinking of using something else as well until this gets developed further.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I don't have any issues with fc's at all. Very solid here...

I rarely slide the keyboard open unless I'm flashing...and I have a leather sleeve made for a blackberry from the verizon store for 8 bucks.
Never had a dialed call from my pocket and the led sticks out the end so I know if I have any messages without taking it out.
That's is, if that part works in this rom...haven't seen it yet.

Sounds like I have something to check...

Z

ZeroBarrier

It would help if you told us exactly what app is FC'ing; but in any case did you install per Dev instructions? Meaning, did you clear data+cache for the apps that are FC'ing?

Can't help you here, I don't use any social networking apps/sites. I've had the same email for 12 years, anyone that wants to get in contact with me, should be able to easily. And if they forgot, then I wasn't that important to them in the first place.

I'll say it again, even though I've said it in another thread. This ROM and it's Launcher, are originally made for the N1/Desire phones. And since these phones do not have a slide out physical keyboard, the Launcher wasn't designed to rotate to Landscape under any circumstance, let alone sliding out a physical keyboard.

Read above; #3, same deal.

Incorrect how? Mine are working perfectly. If you mean certain apps like Gmail and SMS do not vibrate even though you have your phone settings to vibrate "always"; then please look under each apps settings, you'll find a separate vibrate control setting for those apps; please set your sound and vibrate settings for those apps there.

Yes, that's exactly what you did wrong. Removing the stock MMS.apk from any ROM breaks that function, because all 3rd party SMS apps on the Android Market depend on the stock MMS.apk to send and receive MMS.

This is highly known, and is already fixed in the next version of the Droid MIUI ROM based on MIUI v0.10.15.

zwade01

Reaction score
I have the fb contact issue as well, but I don't see it as a big deal. As for you, if it's that painful you can just not sync any fb contacts and download syncmypix from the market for free and it will do what you want it to do.

silvasrt4

Reaction score
Lovin this rom and the uniqueness. But wit that i have some gripes!

first i dont like the fact that the launcher doesnt rotate! i love the launcher that it has and dont want to use launcher pro because that really defeats the purpose of this rom.

Second is the facebook contacts not being able to sync... i used the market app to get the pictures up but would like all my facebook contacts to be in there.

Last....well there isnt anything else haha. This is truly a great rom and i hope other developers will take a page out of these guys' book and shoot for something this unique. Those things i have listed i can live with for now, but if those were fixed it would make this rom flawless in my eyes. Great work guys, keep it up!