media dock mode too bright

jdx

Reaction score
I remember that the 2.1 clock app on my G1 turned almost invisible on the click on the bulb. It was really only visible in the dark.

gnmitchell

Reaction score
will the lower light setting be automatically available once your rooted (i have bb rom)? or do we need to install something else?

The Sholes custom ROMs contain a "Brightness Control" app that hacks this internal setting and allows you to turn the screen all the way down to 2% ... almost darn near OFF.
I don't believe any of the others I have used gave me that ability.
I have the sholes..how do you use the brighntess control app? It's not doing anything for me. Thnks
First of all you won't see the light bulb as mentioned unless you are docked.
So if you want to dock your phone without the dock, there is a app. called
DockRunner that will simulate your phone in a dock.

i am missing something here....what light bulb ?
edit: sorry, i see you responded to the OP

under settings/display/brightness make sure to turn of automatic brightness and slide the brightness all the way to the left. Then in the brightness control click for low brightness as well as click to turn keylight off. Then use the 2.1 clock or dockrunner. It works great and is barely visible

cisco0910

Reaction score
The Sholes custom ROMs contain a "Brightness Control" app that hacks this internal setting and allows you to turn the screen all the way down to 2% ... almost darn near OFF.
I don't believe any of the others I have used gave me that ability.
I have the sholes..how do you use the brighntess control app? It's not doing anything for me. Thnks
First of all you won't see the light bulb as mentioned unless you are docked.
So if you want to dock your phone without the dock, there is a app. called
DockRunner that will simulate your phone in a dock.

under settings/display/brightness make sure to turn of automatic brightness and slide the brightness all the way to the left. Then in the brightness control click for low brightness as well as click to turn keylight off. Then use the 2.1 clock or dockrunner. It works great and is barely visible
cool, thanx Mitch

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
If you don't want to root, you can try downloading the Gentle Alarm app. If you mainly use the docking station for the alarm, then I'd highly recommend this app. But yeah, it has a nightmode where you can adjust the brightness.

mach330

Reaction score
You can install the 2.1 clock program. It is somewhat darker in dimmed mode, and also has a green option. No need to be rooted.

on this page: AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7.5 (2/10/10) there is an app called "2.1 desk clock". it's a lot dimmer than the original. give that a try.

so i tried 2.1 clock and it is much dimmer. however, the "back, menu, home, search" soft key buttons are freakin lit. how do i turn that crap off?

OP
Guurzak

Guurzak

Reaction score
I installed SholesMod which includes the 2.1 clock/dock and the Bright Control applet. From dock mode, longpressing on the lightbulb gives me the greenscreen clock which is perfect, and the Bright Control app has a button to turn off the lights on the "hard" keys. So, short version, SMU gave me a 100% solution to this problem.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Vancelot

Reaction score
so i tried 2.1 clock and it is much dimmer. however, the "back, menu, home, search" soft key buttons are freakin lit. how do i turn that crap off?

I discovered something last night. My phone had completely shut off because of a low battery. I put it on my dock and it automatically powered on and went to clock mode. But the navigation buttons weren't lit. Not near as bright with those buttons turned off. I will test it again tonight. Turn off my phone before docking it.