media dock mode too bright

Guurzak

Reaction score
I like it dark when I sleep. I like the functionality of the dock mode but I don't want it to light up the whole room. I have brightness set to minimum using the power control widget, but even the less bright (brown scheme) mode puts out an awful lot of candlepower in a dark room.

Are there any tweaks that can adjust this, or a replacement app that addresses this issue?

zero7404

Reaction score
sorry...dont have an answer but thought id ask it here: how do u access the multimedia dock ? do you have to have the docking station ? dont see where in the OS i would be able to set it up or configure my phone to go into dock mode when i plug into power....

xliderider

Reaction score
There are some hacks available in the custom ROMS that allow you to set your brightness down even lower as well. You will need to be rooted though.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You can install the 2.1 clock program. It is somewhat darker in dimmed mode, and also has a green option. No need to be rooted.

segdoh49

Reaction score
First of all you won't see the light bulb as mentioned unless you are docked.
So if you want to dock your phone without the dock, there is a app. called
DockRunner that will simulate your phone in a dock.

Touch the lightbulb on the screen lower left.

i am missing something here....what light bulb ?
edit: sorry, i see you responded to the OP

zero7404

Reaction score
does the droid have a magnetic sensor ? if so, that probably explains why dock mode isn't available unless it senses the magnet in the dock.....
i was planning on doing the Seidio dock because i have an innocase. prolly a good idea to get it because i once woke up late because the battery drained overnite.....

mach330

Reaction score
will the lower light setting be automatically available once your rooted (i have bb rom)? or do we need to install something else?

bigthinker

Reaction score
I have the brightness issue myself. I put it in sleep mode to darken it out all the way or literally "put a sock over it".:motdroidhoriz:

gnmitchell

Reaction score
will the lower light setting be automatically available once your rooted (i have bb rom)? or do we need to install something else?

The Sholes custom ROMs contain a "Brightness Control" app that hacks this internal setting and allows you to turn the screen all the way down to 2% ... almost darn near OFF.
I don't believe any of the others I have used gave me that ability.

cisco0910

Reaction score

The Sholes custom ROMs contain a "Brightness Control" app that hacks this internal setting and allows you to turn the screen all the way down to 2% ... almost darn near OFF.
I don't believe any of the others I have used gave me that ability.
I have the sholes..how do you use the brighntess control app? It's not doing anything for me. Thnks

cisco0910

Reaction score
The new 2.1 clock (*need to be rooted though (i think))
no longer needs the Dockrunner app. Just click on clock in app drawer and it'll initialize. I deleted Dockrunner already to free up space.