Anyone know of an app to dim the screen in dock mode??

GrillMouster

Reaction score
...Simply power the phone off before placing on the dock. Once it's powered off place it on the dock and let the power connection cycle the phone back on by itself. Then set your alarm and dim your screen and you're all set...

This worked for me last night, Jer! The four button lights turned off and stayed off while the screen remained on. Unfortunately, the default clock in 2.01 is still too bright for me, even in its dim mode. I haven't yet tried the 2.1 clock app to see how dim it gets. I may try Bedside again (but this time I won't be able to get a refund if I uninstall) to see if it's acceptably dim. If neither of these are dim enough for me then I'll just have to turn off the screen using the power button, which is what I've been doing.

M

Matth3w

I've got Night Clock. I just wish I could have a combination of Night Clock and an Alarm app that starts up Pandora without having to run multiple apps.

M

Matth3w

Well I used Night Clock + App Alarm last night and it didn't go off this morning. When I woke up 8 minutes late there was a message to snooze or dismiss but no sound.

hamcan

Reaction score
newbie question. how do i install 2.1 on my phone

Hi I'm a newbie too. How do I install 2.1 onto my phone

Subscribing to see if a real solution comes out besides taping
something over the buttons. When is 2.1 due to come out? Are you referring to 2.1 the system update from Moto or what? Sorry I'm a bit of a forum noob, and not sure if you were talking about a rooted update or just the regular.

docfreed

Reaction score
Take the magnet out of the dock?

I am going to try to remove the magnet - my theory is that the Droid will still charge but the screen will dim and the 4m lights will go out. If it's set to "Stay on during charging" the main screen will stayon = then we can use night clock or whatever.

Any opinion on this?

EmPuLSe

Reaction score
I updated to the clock on the first page, as I'm having the same problem with it illuminating the entire damn room. This updated one is much dimmer, my guess is it'll do the trick.

What I don't like is there is no weather on the new version. Anyway to get weather to work with the new clock?

Thanks in advance!

Parafly9

Reaction score
I updated to the clock on the first page, as I'm having the same problem with it illuminating the entire damn room. This updated one is much dimmer, my guess is it'll do the trick.

What I don't like is there is no weather on the new version. Anyway to get weather to work with the new clock?

Thanks in advance!

Download an app Bedside v2.0 - much better than the stock dock app. It's much dimmer, and works well. No weather, but I don't care about that. you can set it so you can toggle between Bedside or the traditional docked screen.

The only annoyance is still those four lights on the side (menu, back, etc.) that stay light. I did the cardboard trick and it works fine!

jsharpe_nc

Reaction score
Last night I figured out how to turn off those 4 icon lights while in Dock mode. Completely turn off the phone. Pop the phone into the dock and let it reboot itself. At least for my Moto Droid, the 4 lights stay off until I remove it from the dock cradle. I also use Bedside.
Before, I was using painters tape to hide those annoying bright lights.

Try it.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
Last night I figured out how to turn off those 4 icon lights while in Dock mode. Completely turn off the phone. Pop the phone into the dock and let it reboot itself. At least for my Moto Droid, the 4 lights stay off until I remove it from the dock cradle. I also use Bedside.
Before, I was using painters tape to hide those annoying bright lights.

Try it.

Welcome to 3 weeks ago. Post #42 this thread:

Just a quick heads up to those following this thread: Before I could ever go into massive production of my 'Light Blocker Thing-a-ma-jig v2.0' (hopefully you all read the sarcasm in this by the way) I found out that you can disable those lights w/o my wonderful little invention. Simply power the phone off before placing on the dock. Once it's powered off place it on the dock and let the power connection cycle the phone back on by itself. Then set your alarm and dim your screen and you're all set. Tested it out last night and it stayed off all night. I guess the one caveat is that if you then go to the home screen they will stay on and a power cycle is required once again to disable them. Enjoy.