Little bit of Costco news

mokey

Reaction score
Since i'm not elegible for my 2yr upgrade yet (not until December) I can't get it from Costco. So I'm going to have to go to the VZW store and pay the $30 per dock. Oh well, I'll just go get my refund from Costco

hmmmm quick question... My contract is up 12/23, but I've been eligible for upgrade since 8/23. Will I even be able to upgrade at Costco tomorrow? I've usually just gotten phones from VZW directly.

DoctorV

Reaction score
I went to my Costco tonight and the wireless agent said they will have a whopping 6 available with the bundle. I asked if there was a line would they hand out vouchers before the doors open and she said no. I asked if it was going to be a mad rush to the kiosk and if it's first come first serve and she said yes. There's no way I'm dealing with that B.S. I guarantee you someone will get hurt either by pushing or shoving or someone will slip and crack their head open. I think that's a very irresponsible way to operate.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a bit odd to hear all these Costco locations are only getting 6 phones lol. I wonder how many Verizon stores get?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Just bring a tazer... or mention that hams are BOGO for the first 15 mins the store is open. :D

Seriously, I'd wear an athletic cup and some rings.

This makes me wonder if that one guy was right about BB matching this... if they did I'd rather go there...

sfcascooter

Reaction score
I arrived at the Richmond (CA Bay Area) store at 9:30. Three people in line already (turns out two were mother/son buying just one phone). Huge crowd when they finally opened the door at 10 -- but only 6 of us were trying to get the Bionic (one late comer tried to go in front of the people who had been waiting). The rep said they had no phones in the cage in the front -- but that he had sent someone to look at the shipment. The guy came back with one box that he took to the cage and the rep said there were only three (he also said that he had expected there to be 10-15 and that they would get another 12 on the 13th). I was third in line and did some data entry with the rep, went and paid (279.99 plus tax on that -- not on 599 like at BB and VZQ stores), went to the cage and got the bag and back to kisosk for activation.

The bag has the Bionic in its box and then in plastic wrap had the items mentioned earlier (car dock, desk dock, battery charger and extra battery) and some more I didn't expect (fake leather belt case, generic screen protector (trim to fit) and a car charger and an extra wall charger -- that means with the one in the Bionic box you get two wall chargers).

When I got back to the kiosk they had found one more box -- so they had 6 total for today.

Everything great so far!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Sounds great. I think I'm just going to go through Letstalk. It's $219 with upgrade and keeping unlimited + 20% off makes it under $199.

I would have loved to do the Costco thing, but doesn't sound worth it to drive that hour there in "hopes" of getting one.