Costco's Back in Stock!

slaya786

Reaction score
I've eagerly waited just like most of you for the droid bionic after it's 8 month delay. After it's release costco supplied us with a great bundle at an amazing price, only to stock 6 bionics for the few lucky members to arrive in time. I was worried I wouldn't get one, but I was forced to wait until today as this is the day my official 20 month upgrade is eligible for use. I've called the past few days to the 3 local costco's with no word of when they'd be restocking. Today when I got out of class, I decided to give them a call, just to see when they'd have it, and just my luck that they recieved 15 today! I arrived around 3, and was the first customer of the day surprisingly, i'm guessing most people ended up buying the phone else where because costco's limited stock.

I'm really excited and so far am loving this phone, I've played with it on several occasions at the verizon store and appreciate many of it's features.

I do notice the pentile display's pixelation, but it doesn't bother me one bit. Actually, I appreciate it *more* than the charge's screen (oh yea, i went there). After comparing them side by side on multiple occasions, I dislike samsung's over saturation and lack of accuracy in color. In addition, I feel the bionic's white's are a much brighter purer white, versus samsung's off-white/beige white. Seriously, I was going to buy the charge when it was released but after looking at the screen I decided not to. (flame away.. lol)

Costco's bundle is pretty nice aswell, and with the exception of the phone which came in retail packaging, all the provided accessories are bundled in plastic bags, not in retail boxes in an effort to prevent consumers from selling them (not that we won't anyway haha). I also was able to keep my unlimited data plan, which I knew I would but I did confirm it with verizon after leaving, since I had to call in to add insurance back on my phone (apparently costco cannot add insurance, and if you had it, they remove it during the upgrade)

They didn't have an extra battery which is supposed to be a part of the battery dock, but supplied me with a mail-in rebate form to receive one in the mail. I could care less on that because i've already popped in my extended battery and i'm selling the battery dock and oem battery on eBay!

So for those looking for the costco bundle, call in and see if their re-stocked. By the way only 1 of the 3 costco's in my area received the shipment.

The pic was taken with the bionic, not the greatest camera.. :/
View attachment 40674

lanza_david

Reaction score
Nice! I got tired of wating for the stores to get it and ordered it online. I'll be getting it Friday or Monday. The problem is the wait, LOL

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

slaya786

Reaction score
Maybe you could check if your local stores got em in and cancel the online order? They got 15 this time, and it doesn't seem to be as big of a rush as it was before so getting one shouldn't be much of a problem if they have it in stock.

The icing on the cake is really their 90day exchange period.. that puts me a few days before Christmas, to see if anything betters out.

lanza_david

Reaction score
Just got the UPS tracking number and shipping confirmation, so no looking back.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dyno

Reaction score
Call my Costco up this morning , said they had 8 in stock. Tonight im a happy owner with a new bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bigmook

Reaction score
The one thing about living in a rural area. Not enough people to ever sell out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk