Battery dock question

SteadySlackin

Reaction score
I have the battery charging dock for my alternate bionic battery, my question is of it's safe to leave a battery on there for an extended period of time (even after it reads full) the dock takes forever to charge, and I'm planning on putting my almost deceased extended battery in it when I return home for the evening. I know most phones w li ion batteries have technology to prevent overcharging, but I'm unsure if the dock functions in this manner. The dock I'm using is the Motorola one packaged with the Costco deal.

Batman8

Reaction score
I bought the battery cradle from Verizon (not sure about the Costo deal) and I use it to charge both my standard and extended batteries and although slow...I have had no problems.

It has a light on it to show when it's charging and when the light goes out it's fully charged so I then will usually take it off the cradle. I don't think there is any danger of "over" charging it since it seems to cut itself off when done, but don't quote me. I think the only issue is that it may still be consuming small amounts of energy and therefore still costing you money if leaving the battery in the cradle long after it's done charging (sort of like the message that is seen on the Bionic when leaving it plugged in well after it has been fully charged).

I hope this info helps.