Little bit of Costco news

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I just called the costco right down the street from my job, i did the math and it will be cheaper for me to go sign up for a membership today, and go buy the phone tomorrow from them with the bundle. Does anyone know if the Kiosks have the ability to just bill it to your phone bill, instead of buying it flat out?

When I got my X I asked if they could bill to account and they said no.
I'm going to assume it's still the same.

Trouble

Reaction score
I called the Costco near me. She did not know if they would be getting them in tomorrow. She did say the bundle "would come with the car dock and stuff". She didn't know the price. I don't have a Costco membership, so I asked about that. She said the person making the purchase has to have one, not the person who will be using the phone.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The $279 price is freaking out of this world!! Too bad I don't know anyone with a Costco membership and the nearest one is over an hour away.

Come on Sam's Club do something similar!!!

Last edited:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Membership is only $50 and is refundable if you're not happy.
Dont shy away from going there to sign up and grab the deal on the phone/accessory bundle.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Membership is only $50 and is refundable if you're not happy.
Dont shy away from going there to sign up and grab the deal on the phone/accessory bundle.

Mmmmmmm

So tempting .. but it's still over an hour away... how long does it take for membership to kick in?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And....Costo has the best cakes IMO...lol. I love Sam's and Costco's. I'm not a member of Costco's yet, need to renew my Sam's one.

BoDuke

Reaction score
I called the three costcos in pittsburgh and they did not know anything about this bundle. They each said they will get the phone tomorrow and for 279 you get the phone and their normal bundle which is a case, car CHARGER (not dock) and screen protector. I am thinking people might be calling and just asking about the bundle and this is what they are answering. Be sure to ask if it is the bundle with the docks. They said they might have it tomorrow but they weren't told about it yet. They each told me to call in the morning.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
I called the three costcos in pittsburgh and they did not know anything about this bundle. They each said they will get the phone tomorrow and for 279 you get the phone and their normal bundle which is a case, car CHARGER (not dock) and screen protector. I am thinking people might be calling and just asking about the bundle and this is what they are answering. Be sure to ask if it is the bundle with the docks. They said they might have it tomorrow but they weren't told about it yet. They each told me to call in the morning.

The dock pack is confirmed. You don't even need to call.

Costco plans to introduce the Motorola DROID BIONIC with a $280 price and free accessory kit?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Mmmmmmm

So tempting .. but it's still over an hour away... how long does it take for membership to kick in?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

You walk in the front door.
Go to the membership desk
Pay $50
Get a picture taken
They give you a membership card.

Takes 10 mins tops.

cplum

Reaction score
I'm assuming that Costco is the only one that will be doing the bundle? VZW isn't doing any special bundle?
I just went to the Verizon store. I Bought 2 multi media docks (one for home one for work), extra battery with dock, case (yes the phone fits in the dock with the case once you remove the base insert), hdmi cable, and screen protectors. Total price was $150.34. They will give you a bundle discount for buying multiple products. You do not have to buy a bundled package they offer. Also they gave me my corporate discount on top of the bundle package. The media base comes with a remote which looks cool. The only flaw I see so far is the base has a striaght pin for the power plug which comes out of the base way too easy if you move the base. There are 3 USB inputs on the back of the dock. I am going to try to plug power into one to see if that works of course I need the phone to know. You can connect the phone to a TV via hdmi and use wireless keyboard and mouse via the USB ports on the dock instead of paying $299 for the lapdock which to me is cool but way over priced. The extra battery dock has the stadard micro-usb on the back for charger. It also has a plug that extends for the side to plug into the phone so that you can charge the extra battery and the phone battery with the same power cord. All I need now is the phone which I will have at 9 AM tomorrow.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
There is not a Cosco within 500 miles of me. I stopped in a Sam's thinking they would be trying to compete. The wireless employee said Sam's was dropping VZW all together and not getting the Bionic at all.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is not a Cosco within 500 miles of me. I stopped in a Sam's thinking they would be trying to compete. The wireless employee said Sam's was dropping VZW all together and not getting the Bionic at all.

Which is funny because I called 2 of the Sam's clubs in my area and they both said they would be picking up VZW within the next weeks and to call around the 15th to see what phones they will be offering...

Import roller

Reaction score
I went and got the membership. I'll cancel it in a month and get my money back if I don't go there to get anything else.

i did ask if they can bill the account, and they can't since it's Costco's phone, and they are selling them and they are not on consignment like it would be at the VZW store.