Liquid Gingerbread v2.6 Release

battlemac

Reaction score
Anyone know why that with titanium backup that instead of automatically installing my backups(software wise) I had to manually do it, software by software?

Last edited:

battlemac

Reaction score
Okay so maybe some one can help me here. I am trying to restore my texts via Titanium Backup, but for some reason it seems like they don't want to show up. I was thinking it could be because due to the fact the last rom I used was Blur based GB rom(ZS 1.71), but I doubt that could be it. Before being on ZS I was a latest version Fusion which was a stock Froyo rom, and my text with ease showed up once i moved the ZS rom. Any ideas on what I could do?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have never used titanium backup (TB), however, I have seen in various threads people commenting on the use of it. One thing that sticks out was that I have seen on more then one occasion with various releases of ROMs where people had issues restoring all or certain things from TB. This was due to the backup being made with an older version of TB then the ROM currently contained or they had downloaded from the market. Unfortunately the fix that I remember being brought up was restoring the nandroid of the ROM they were running, updating TB through the market, making a new backup with the updated TB, then flashing the new ROM and using TB to restore.

Two things:
1.)
I have never done this because as I said I have never used TB so I can not verify it works.
2.) I am unsure of the procedure of restoring a nandroid of a GB based ROM while on a froyo based one.

battlemac

Reaction score
I did a long google search and found a fix for the issue(well the text is there but its out of order which is better than nothing I guess). I had to enable migrate system data in Titanium Backup then run the manual back up of my sms/mms. Now I just need to mess around with the settings more to improve the battery life as it seems a bit on the poor side.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ok good. I am glad you got it working!!

battlemac

Reaction score
Any tips on improving battery life, because so far I have notice battery life is worse than the other GB roms and even the default Froyo rom.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Whoops sorry I didnt see you have posted in here again. Its my bad, there are 3 threads I am following for liquid 2.6 and I got all turned around before. The only thing I have done to try to improve battery life is I set my max clock speed to 800, I always set my brightness down a little bit both to save battey and I just dont like the screen that bright, and also set my screen time out to 30 seconds. To me it helps a little bit amd I get between 11-16 hours on a charge depending on usage.

Unfortunately all these 2nd-init ROMs tend to have worse battery life then the GB based ones. But there are some being worked on by some devs that hopefully we will have in the near future to help battery life out.

battlemac

Reaction score
Well I did see some hacks/updates that are suppose to work for liquid, but the one I tried(liquid-sleep) caused my phone to bootloop requiring me to clear data and start over. :/

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I havent tried any of those extra tweaks. The one thing that they are supposedly getting closer with is getting the 2nd-init to boot off of the GB kernel for MIUI. I would have to assume once this gets achieved we should see it in the other 2nd-init ROMs as well. Should mean hopefully better battery life and increased performance.

JosephMGaffney

Reaction score
Just installed, went pretty smoothly, and its pretty damn quick - but I have no service. Any ideas?

Edit: Also getting "insufficient space on device" error from the market, when I've got tons of space available (both on the d2g and my sd card)

Last edited:

battlemac

Reaction score
Yeah I havent tried any of those extra tweaks. The one thing that they are supposedly getting closer with is getting the 2nd-init to boot off of the GB kernel for MIUI. I would have to assume once this gets achieved we should see it in the other 2nd-init ROMs as well. Should mean hopefully better battery life and increased performance.
Sounds very positive.

battlemac

Reaction score
I notice some of the CM7 roms/nighties have some lite/beta battery fix, is there a way to use them, or will we get a Liquid version with similar fix installed in the next few days?

Edit: are we suppose to be able to see themes in rom manager, or no?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am not sure about using the CM fixes on liquid. Liquid is CM based so there is always a possibility they will work but I am not even sure what they are at this point to comment further. There will not likely be any builds in the next few days because liquid gb is ungergoing a major overhaul currently so the next version may be a little bit.

And for theme changer themes to show up in the theme manager you would either need to download them from the market or download them to your phone from another source and then install them manually.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Honestly that's the first I've seen it. Liquid never mentioned it so I don't even know if he's aware it exists.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk