Lag -> No Start

littlkj5

Reaction score
Yesterday I was experiencing my phone lagging for about 5 minutes when trying to open a text message. The screen wasn't very responsive either.

So I called Verizon and talked to a lady and we put my phone in safe mode to see if it still did it. It only made it worse. She sent me a test text message and I did not receive it so then she told me to turn the phone off and turn it back on.

The phone would not turn on whatsoever until I pulled the battery out. Once I tried to start it then animation with the red circle looking thing came up and wouldn't go away. I tried at least 10 times for about 10 minutes each (I was on the phone with them forever). So she put a order in for me to get a new one shipped out since it was a OS problem. Gave her my address and now my order is in.

She wanted me to do a hard reset from within the phone settings which I obviiously couldn't do. So after this two hour long phone call and me knowing a lot about phones/computers I figured there was a manual way of doing so.

I looked into it and found that you can hold the power button and home button for about 5 seconds then hit the search key.

This is where it gets interesting.
When the screen opened for a reset it told me I was missing a file:
E: cache/recovery (or something along those lines)

So somehow my phone deleted some kind of file which was vital to the phone. I did the reset and now my phone works fine but I still have a new one coming until i get back home (I am currently on vacation) just in case something like this happens again.

Oh and all of this started happening right after my battery was fully charged the other night. Put it on the charger then took it off then it started.

Still love the phone though.