slide lock doesnt work at all on droid x.

mfignewton

Reaction score
My wife has the droid x and after this 2.2.1 update the slide lock doesnt work at all. Even if she puts the pattern on most of the time when she turns on the phone there is nothing to slide. She keeps her phone in a backpack and it keeps turning on when the bottom buttons are pressed. Anyone have any ideas? I messed with all the settings and nothing is working.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
More info, such as does it have a ROM on it? So it did this right after you installed .340? was her update OTA or did you manually update the phone?? If the phone does not have a ROM on it then I would boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset on it and see if that does the trick for you.

Or are you saying you just don't have a lockscreen that it just goes straight to the main screen?

Reaction score
This may sound stupid but have you tried rebooting the phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
M

mfignewton

Reaction score
Not sure what ROM is on a phone so probably not. I took the battery out and back in and it still does it. The update was OTA, when she turned the screen on there was the update box. I have not tried a hard reset of the phone yet. What is the easiest way to do that. I did it to my droid 1 but it was a while ago.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Go to--->Settings--->Location & Security--->Scroll down to Security--->Set Up Security Lock--->Make sure it is set to "None".

Setting the seurity this way, there should only be the Slide Lock appearing after the screen is woke up via the Power Button or Home Button.

Also, make sure there has not been a Slide Lock disabling app installed...

OP
M

mfignewton

Reaction score
I have done that and the only options i have is to set to turn slide lock on when screen is off and then there are a few choices with minutes, we have it to turn on when screen goes off. I have never installed any apps to do that. This started right after we downloaded the new update 2.2.1.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have done that and the only options i have is to set to turn slide lock on when screen is off and then there are a few choices with minutes, we have it to turn on when screen goes off. I have never installed any apps to do that. This started right after we downloaded the new update 2.2.1.
This option is cheeked with a Green Checkmark right....just have to ask to make sure so we can look for other options...:)

Fate0n3

Reaction score

Easy way to do a factory reset is go to privacy and do a factory reset. If you did not put a different rom then it is prolly just stock which is sounds like it is with getting the OTA.. That would be the easiest way if it still does not fix then search on the forum of how to get into stock recovery and do a wipe/factory reset there.

Yea but like stated above you could just keep checking to see if there is an option to fix first. Also does she have any kind of launcher installed?? Such as ADW or Launcher Pro????

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Thanks everyone i went ahead and did a hard reset and it seems to be working fine now.

icon_%20lala.gif
Thats awesome!!! Glad you got it working good now!!!