Not open for further replies.
OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The reboots a few people experienced we have fixed that and will be releasing a new build on sunday with a few extras as well

ddyoo

Reaction score
The reboots a few people experienced we have fixed that and will be releasing a new build on sunday with a few extras as well

Oh nice! Didn't expect you guys to come out with a fix so soon. Even if you didn't have an immediate fix for it, its a small issue I am willing to deal with because your ROM is sweet. It's really smooth and fast. Thanks for the quick fix! Can't wait! :D

pbrewer81

Reaction score
Total love this rom! The only issues I have noticed seem to center around the dialer. I have a lag when opening the dialer then again when I press the end call button. It takes 2-10 seconds or so to decide where it wants to go from there. I have also noticed that when I receive a call my phone will go through 2-3 vibration cycles (2-5 second lag) before the number and contact picture pop up. I'm hoping I a moron and there is a setting I haven't found that will eliminate this. If not, I'm sure the magic works it out :icon_ banana:

Thanks guys!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Total love this rom! The only issues I have noticed seem to center around the dialer. I have a lag when opening the dialer then again when I press the end call button. It takes 2-10 seconds or so to decide where it wants to go from there. I have also noticed that when I receive a call my phone will go through 2-3 vibration cycles (2-5 second lag) before the number and contact picture pop up. I'm hoping I a moron and there is a setting I haven't found that will eliminate this. If not, I'm sure the magic works it out :icon_ banana:

Thanks guys!

Have you looked at Not Call Log, available in a free version on the Market? It allows you to do several different things, in ending a call.

-Mike

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
reboots

Didnt want any confusion,
The reboots that were fixed were mainly when opeing keyboard from a screen off state.

have not seen complaints of just randomly rebooting but i would attribute this to the kernel so please try a differnt kernel. i was stupid and changed kernels at teh last minute and have reverted back to the stock asop kernel.

But rebooting while on phone or random reboots have not been reported. this fix may fix that for you also but that has not been seen so i cant speak on that.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Didnt want any confusion,
The reboots that were fixed were mainly when opeing keyboard from a screen off state.

have not seen complaints of just randomly rebooting but i would attribute this to the kernel so please try a differnt kernel. i was stupid and changed kernels at teh last minute and have reverted back to the stock asop kernel.

But rebooting while on phone or random reboots have not been reported. this fix may fix that for you also but that has not been seen so i cant speak on that.

I have the ROM installed since the first day it was out. In the last 3 - 4 days it has been rebooting itself in a number of different occasions. While replaying to a text through the quick replay window, while ending a call, while updating an app through the Market. Its not a Hugh issue but it is annoying. I am using the default kernel and the Renovated Theme and the Droid Incredible Boot Animation.

I'm sure that my new favorite developers would have a fix in no time.
Thank you for the hard work.

listenman20

Reaction score
I have the ROM installed since the first day it was out. In the last 3 - 4 days it has been rebooting itself in a number of different occasions. While replaying to a text through the quick replay window, while ending a call, while updating an app through the Market. Its not a Hugh issue but it is annoying. I am using the default kernel and the Renovated Theme and the Droid Incredible Boot Animation.

in your case i'd suggest a different kernel.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

in your case i'd suggest a different kernel.

Can you recommend a specific one.. ?

listenman20

Reaction score
goto sourcery magic under settings then find your way to the kernels by way of sourcery wizardry>sourcery wizardry>slayher kernels and choose one of those. i'd start at the top kernel 7X900lv-v1.6. if that one treats you well and you find you wanna faster you may work your way down the list.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
goto sourcery magic under settings then find your way to the kernels by way of sourcery wizardry>sourcery wizardry>slayher kernels and choose one of those. i'd start at the top kernel 7X900lv-v1.6. if that one treats you well and you find you wanna faster you may work your way down the list.

Cool, i'll give it a shot.

Kias

Reaction score
Completely impressed with this rom and all the cool animations.

I installed it, had all my apps and widgets up and running for a couple of hours. Then I started messing around with some of the new included widgets.

I added, and then removed a few different sizes of contact widgets and when I added the 1x4 contact widget, ADW started a FC loop. Nothing I did would stop the FC. Since I hadn't made a backup of sorcery yet, I was forced to revert to my previous ROM. I'll give it another shot maybe tomorrow, I've got a murder mystery dinner to go to tonight.

Did love the way it looked though!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
been so long I am not positive, but I thought could boot to safe mode to clear defaults and data.
iirc it goes like this, I don't remember where I found this so I cannot credit but its NOT me:
Power off
Slide open the keyboard and power on by holding power and “menu” at the same time.
(Use the menu key on the physical keyboard.)
Continue holding the menu key until you get to the Droid eye.
The phone should now vibrate if done correctly.
Release menu and your phone should boot with “Safe Mode” showing in the bottom left corner.

then you could clear defaults if you had adw and lp installed, or could have cleared the data for adw to reset that to stock config.
not sure but think this may have helped there.

Kias

Reaction score
Thanks! I never knew it had a safe mode! That probably would've done the trick! Probably could've just restored the ADW backup, and all would be grand once again.

Well, I've learned something new today, so I'm taking the rest of the day off. LOL!

Thanks again!

---edit---

It takes a while once the eye, gem, logo, drunken santa clause, what have you, shows up for the phone to vibrate while holding the menu key, but you definitely won't miss the vibration if you did it right!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LOL not positive it would work on this one but I have used it to swap the default home screen back to LP after messing up an ADW in the past.
been some time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.