Any planned fix for lack of charge light on Apex 1.4?

miketoasty

Reaction score
The charge light works on any ROM that is built off of the Droid 2. Most of the ROMs out there right now (Rubix, GummyJar, Liberty, Apex, DarkSlide) are all built off of the Droid X. Squidlymandingo and Fission are the only 2 that I know of that are built off of the Droid 2.

OP
B

bobstro

Reaction score
I've been looking for a good reason to try Fission/Fusion, and this may be it. I was about to do an SBF to try to look for any traces of the LED and related permissions, but if I can try a new ROM in the process, that'll be a bonus.

Thanks for the useful feedback! This is becoming a bit more pressing for me after waking up yesterday to a dead battery when the charger didn't seat correctly. Fortunately, I didn't have to be anywhere!

- Bob

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fission lacks any blur, one assumes you were on Apex for blur options, so you might miss that.

Last I looked, Fusion (the Fission "sister" ROM that has some Blur) was kind of dead in the water w/no updates/activity since an RC1 initial release...

OP
B

bobstro

Reaction score
I'm futzing with Squidlymandingo now. I don't need blur so much as the Corporate email option for synchronizing with MS Exchange for work. Fusion broke on that count.

The charge light is the only thing keeping Apex from being ideal for my needs, but it is a real problem not to have it when I'm on the road. The travel chargers tend to bump loose easily, so just checking the screen before snoozing isn't enough.

I realize Fab doesn't have a D2, so I'm hoping to find the trigger and contribute back.

Thanks for the pointers.

EDIT: The BattMonX (free) app allows setting the front colored LED to various shades based on charging and battery status. I still want to use my notification LEDs, but I've been able to set this app to use the LED when charging and when at 100% capacity, which seems to meet my immediate needs. With this, Apex seems to have met my every need.

- Bob