Jrummy Themed LauncherPRO Blue

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
ok. i rebooted and there is nothing. i pushed it via root explorer. could that be the issue?

Some people have reported this, and its a possible permissions issue... the permissions in /system/app i believe is RW-r-r and some people are having problems with this...

do you use ROM manager? There is a permissions fix option in there you can try running.

I'm not sure if J has a permissions fix anywhere for his ROMs...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
i'm looking into getting these signed right now... will update post if iget this completed.

wickked51

Reaction score
yes. it was indeed the permissions. i fixed it and rebooted. and it was installed. thanx for the help...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
yes. it was indeed the permissions. i fixed it and rebooted. and it was installed. thanx for the help...

great! Did you run permissions through clockworkmod? (so I can use that as your fix in my OP with your credit)

wickked51

Reaction score
actually i fixed it thru root explorer. i somehow switched it to mount as R/O. and it seemed to work. but im not to sure, i do have clockworkmod.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
actually i fixed it thru root explorer. i somehow switched it to mount as R/O. and it seemed to work. but im not to sure, i do have clockworkmod.

yes, once you install an app into /system/app you have to remount as "read/Only" so it can recognize the files...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
mind telling me how to change permissions ;)

Go to the market and download ROM Manager... when you open ROM Manager it will tell you that you have to flash clockwork mod recovery in order to use the app... go ahead and flash the recovery...

Near the bottom there is a option to "fix permissions"
Run this.

Then when that is finished, there is an option to flash back to SPRecovery (with the click of a button). second option from the bottom i believe... "flash alternate recovery"

run the permissions fix, then try the directions in the OP...<----- Check that... you will have to reboot your phone before you flash back to SPRecovery.

run permissions, reboot, back into ROM manager and flash the recovery you previously had.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Nope. Your recoveries are stored in folders on your SD... all it does is flash an alternate recovery.. doesn't change anything but what recovery you boot up in. and all your flashing the recovery for is the permissions run.

flash clockwork, run permissions, reboot, flash back to your preferred SPrecovery and try the directions in the OP.

wickked51

Reaction score
ok here is what i did. first i bought root explorer in the market. them i went ahead and downloaded the zip file, renamed it launcherpro.apk. after that i went into root explorer and pushed it into system/app. in system/app, there is a button on top that says MOUNT R/W. push it and it will change to r/o. next i long pressed launcherpro.apk and changed the permissions. clicked ok and rebooted, and it was installed.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
ok here is what i did. first i bought root explorer in the market. them i went ahead and downloaded the zip file, renamed it launcherpro.apk. after that i went into root explorer and pushed it into system/app. in system/app, there is a button on top that says MOUNT R/W. push it and it will change to r/o. next i long pressed launcherpro.apk and changed the permissions. clicked ok and rebooted, and it was installed.

This is helpful especially cause i don't use Root Explorer... Very helpful! Thank you!

glynch

Reaction score
Root explorer is a great app! That is what I used this morning to change the permissions. It's great when I don't feel like straining my eyes using the terminal to run commands:)

lethalpimp

Reaction score
been a long time coming, but I finally got it working...dont ask me how..no idea lol. Also you said "**I didn't alter an of the default images in launcherpro in case anyone liked the greyed out versions... if you want the icon that matches your theme just select "default icon" when choosing shortcuts." I dont quite know what this means, because I am trying to change the greyed icons.

Attachments

• snap20100625_134012.png
    snap20100625_134012.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 187

WAHarris

Reaction score
been a long time coming, but I finally got it working...dont ask me how..no idea lol. Also you said "**I didn't alter an of the default images in launcherpro in case anyone liked the greyed out versions... if you want the icon that matches your theme just select "default icon" when choosing shortcuts." I dont quite know what this means, because I am trying to change the greyed icons.

To change icons: Long press on the icon you want to change, select the app, then select default icon (this will give your normal blue) OR launcher pro icon (this will give you the grey ones) OR custom icon (select from icon pack you have downloaded).