Jrummy Themed LauncherPRO Blue

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
nope i had the launcher that came with jrummy, which i think is the standar. I already cleared the defaults and made sure their was no other launcher there.

Hmm... thats odd.. anyone else have this issue?? Maybe shoot J a PM... i'm honestly not quite sure :\

I'll look into it in the meantime

lethalpimp

Reaction score
ok lemme just make sure I am doing it right...Do i put the launcherpro.apk into the root of sdcard?

and... do nothing from there except what you said to type in terminal emulator?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
ok lemme just make sure I am doing it right...Do i put the launcherpro.apk into the root of sdcard?

and... do nothing from there except what you said to type in terminal emulator?

correct... its almost like the terminal didn't cp the file through...

are you familiar with ADB? maybe try a manual push to your phone?

try again

su
mountsys
cp /sdcard/LauncherPRO.apk /system/app
unmountsys
reboot

lethalpimp

Reaction score
Im not very good with adb, I have only used it to push bootanimations and can't even remember how to do that heh. anyways I know i am typing it in correct because after typing the path i got a long list that says busybox blah blah blah with options and stuff but it is as if it's not doing anythere :/

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Im not very good with adb, I have only used it to push bootanimations and can't even remember how to do that heh. anyways I know i am typing it in correct because after typing the path i got a long list that says busybox blah blah blah with options and stuff but it is as if it's not doing anythere :/

thats odd, you shouldn't get any text except the text that you input... straight through to "reboot" maybe a problem with busybox??

anyone else following this have an idea?

we'll get it workin...

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
do you still have the tools folder for ADB anywhere? I can walk you through it... its very simple...

validoption

Reaction score
Is it a permissions issue? Whenever I copy something from the SD card to /system/app (I use Root Explorer), I have to change the permissions to rw-r--r-- to match the other system apps and so the system will recognize it.

Sent from my Droid

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
ya i dont think jrummy has a fix permissions listed in his ROM.. are you running clockworkmod or SPrecovery?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
i dont think he has a script to fix them either.. .if your running clockworkmod you can run the fix permissions in there...

lethalpimp

Reaction score
sorry I was eating dinner and you have been so quick to respond :)

Anyways yes I do have the tools list. I opened up the tools list and threw the unzipped launcherpro.adk in there.

connected phone, mounted.

Opened CMD and went to the path with tools into it.

I then typed push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app

it responded with "failed to copy lcunherpro..blah blah blah no such file or directory.

AMIDOINITRITE?

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Nope gotta say
Adb push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app

U should actually do this booted in recovery with the system mounted

lethalpimp

Reaction score
C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app
push: LauncherPRO.apk/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF -> /system/app/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
failed to copy 'LauncherPRO.apk/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF' to '/system/app/META-INF/M
ANIFEST.MF': No such file or directory

there ya go. Still not working.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app
push: LauncherPRO.apk/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF -> /system/app/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
failed to copy 'LauncherPRO.apk/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF' to '/system/app/META-INF/M
ANIFEST.MF': No such file or directory

there ya go. Still not working.

hmmm i've never seen anything like that, its like its unzipped and there's no manifest file. I'm going to pull the launcher off my phone and post it. try that one. have you tried fixing your permissions yet?

once you do the push you should just get the "daemon started successfully" and the amount of data that was transferred....

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
rename to Launcher.apk

you are running kangerade1.1 right????

Attachments

• Launcherblue0-6-2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 126

lethalpimp

Reaction score
I dont reaally understand what you are talking about the permission issue...i put them on superuser permissions...I am running sprecovery and yes im running 1.1