Jrummy Themed LauncherPRO Blue

lethalpimp

Reaction score
Ok I heard you up there saying that "its unzipping itself" I have been trying all this stuff with the folder u gave with it zipped and with it unzipped. None has been working. BUt would i want it zipped or unzipped? and if zipped u said rename it launcherpro.apk, would i make the fil path in CMD "launcherpro.zip" or launcherpro.apk or what? It seems I have tried all of this and it stil isn't working, im going to give it a try off the file you just posted in the last post though, thanks a lot for helping

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
Ok I heard you up there saying that "its unzipping itself" I have been trying all this stuff with the folder u gave with it zipped and with it unzipped. None has been working. BUt would i want it zipped or unzipped? and if zipped u said rename it launcherpro.apk, would i make the fil path in CMD "launcherpro.zip" or launcherpro.apk or what? It seems I have tried all of this and it stil isn't working, im going to give it a try off the file you just posted in the last post though, thanks a lot for helping

Ohhhh are you unzipping the contents????

you don't have to unzip anything... you just rename...

download the.zip

rename the .zip file to launcherpro.apk without unzipping anything... then just cp the renamed file...

lethalpimp

Reaction score
NO i have been trying to do everything zipped, so for the hell of it I started unzipping it and trying...but anyways...the emulator still not working. What is wierd is that I put the "launcherpro.apk" in tools dir.
#1 Adb push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app
#2: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools> adb
push launcherpro.apk /system/app
cannot stat 'launcherpro.apk': No such file or directory

Is "stat" a typo in cmd? also i dont quite understand when it says no directory cuz i am looking at it in the tools folder at this moment.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
NO i have been trying to do everything zipped, so for the hell of it I started unzipping it and trying...but anyways...the emulator still not working. What is wierd is that I put the "launcherpro.apk" in tools dir.
#1 Adb push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app
#2: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools> adb
push launcherpro.apk /system/app
cannot stat 'launcherpro.apk': No such file or directory

Is "stat" a typo in cmd? also i dont quite understand when it says no directory cuz i am looking at it in the tools folder at this moment.

what OS are you running??

lethalpimp

Reaction score
windows 7...gah im too stressed out to try this anymore hah ill try again tmrw...if you have any suggestions...I would like them but its making me rage! lol thanks for all the help though.

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
windows 7...gah im too stressed out to try this anymore hah ill try again tmrw...if you have any suggestions...I would like them but its making me rage! lol thanks for all the help though.

are you the administrator of your PC? or just a user profile??

SDI

Reaction score
C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push LauncherPRO.apk /system/app
push: LauncherPRO.apk/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF -> /system/app/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
failed to copy 'LauncherPRO.apk/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF' to '/system/app/META-INF/M
ANIFEST.MF': No such file or directory

there ya go. Still not working.

hmmm i've never seen anything like that, its like its unzipped and there's no manifest file. I'm going to pull the launcher off my phone and post it. try that one. have you tried fixing your permissions yet?

once you do the push you should just get the "daemon started successfully" and the amount of data that was transferred....

I am getting this too in term em no such file or directory? I am running Kangerade with no theme and doing exactly in the op?

SDI

Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried this and it worked?

lethalpimp

Reaction score
yay im not the only one(good for me, bad for you SDI). Yes I am administrator

glynch

Reaction score
It is a permissions issue. Did not work with the directions in the OP. I used root explorer to set the permissions to the same as everything else in system/app, rebooted and bingo.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I tried it yesterday and it worked fine, first try. Followed the directions in the OP.

Successful screenshot attached.

Attachments

• snap20100624_081636.png
    snap20100624_081636.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 174
OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score

I tried it yesterday and it worked fine, first try. Followed the directions in the OP.

Successful screenshot attached.

Yeah, anybody having trouble with this must fix their permissions since it is not signed. Which is why it has to be pushed into system/app

The only problems i've seen with this are those 2 posts, i have not received any PMs of additional problems...

as glynch said, fix permissions reboot and retry. Hopefully J will take these and sign them and turn them into an update.zip for the next release.

wickked51

Reaction score
ok so i manually pushed launcherpro.apk into system/app. but now i cant install it. what will be the next step??

OP
mike919

mike919

Reaction score
ok so i manually pushed launcherpro.apk into system/app. but now i cant install it. what will be the next step??

you don't have to install anything, its already installed into the /system/app directory. which means after you reboot you should be able to push "home" and it will gie you the option to change your default Launcher.

you push through adb or terminal? make sure you reboot...

wickked51

Reaction score
ok. i rebooted and there is nothing. i pushed it via root explorer. could that be the issue?