Insurance Policy for VZW & Asurion

b-radisrad

Reaction score
Ok...everyone put on their thinking caps. Are there any other insurance providers besides State Farm? Yeah, You Betcha! Would any of these other insurance providers offer an Inland Marine Policy (specific plan Asurion insures phones under) ? More than likely yes. I received my plan through a different insurance provider than State Farm. Call around...don't be afraid to call small and large insurance providers, you'll still probably end up saving money than going with Asurion.

Baja11

Reaction score
squaretrade warranty. I have had nothing but good to say about how they handle claims. Squaretrade.com

b-radisrad

Reaction score
Ah, squaretrade.com, a good option but for 2 years of coverage the price is $144 with a $50 deductible (prices quoted are for an premium smartphone with $599 worth of coverage). I still say call around to different insurance providers. If you have the chance to pay approximately $70 for 2 years of coverage with no deductible I say it is worth a little work.

DroidPDX

Reaction score
I am not aware of an $89 deductible from Asurion. My Storm recently went bad and the deductible was $50 and Verizon even voided that because I was just 14 days out of warranty.

That's how I got my Droid. Sold the replacement Storm (still with plastic protection on it on Ebay for the exact cost of the Droid--$200. Bingo!

Cost me nothing to go from a Storm to a Droid (MAJOR UPGRADE!) except the extension of my contract.

Baja11

Reaction score
Actually, 115. with the discount coupon. Yes, it is a $50. deductible however not one hassle and they cover everything under the sun happening to it. I almost forgot that if you paid $200.for your phone (like I did) and the replacement is $600. it's covered. I don't mind paying a little extra for a no hassle plan.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'll keep my Asurion with the $50 deductible...

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
Actually, 115. with the discount coupon. Yes, it is a $50. deductible however not one hassle and they cover everything under the sun happening to it. I almost forgot that if you paid $200.for your phone (like I did) and the replacement is $600. it's covered. I don't mind paying a little extra for a no hassle plan.

only thing it doesnt cover is loss or theft. So let me get this right. if i pay 200 for the subsidized price of the phone they will still cover me for the full 599 or whatever if they issue me a check right? Because i thought i saw somewhere were you have to submit a receipt with a claim and they will only pay whatever you paid for the item, but i dont think that applies to phones since when i go through the checkout it shows the coverage as 599.

88Droid

Reaction score
show of hands.... who in texas has successfully insured their droid through statefarm?

-thanks in advance for replyin'!

Last edited:

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I've a state farm ?.
seems like a no brainer to pay $30 per year and get a new phone vs a factory re furb... my question
if I make a claim with state farm... do I get stoked and get my home owners jacked and end up paying 5 times the cost of phone over many years? just wondering... thanks!

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I've a state farm ?.
seems like a no brainer to pay $30 per year and get a new phone vs a factory re furb... my question
if I make a claim with state farm... do I get stoked and get my home owners jacked and end up paying 5 times the cost of phone over many years? just wondering... thanks!

I don't have mine bundled into homeowners insurance. But I was told that making a claim on my individual policy would not increase my rates... But I've yet to find anyone who has actually made a claim, lol.

Baja11

Reaction score
Your right, they don't cover loss. They will however cover the full replacement cost of the phone. You have to submit the receipt prior to your claim. This insurance I believe must be purchased within 90 days of buying the phone. If something happens within the two years it will be covered for the full replacement cost. I've had them for other items and they have been fast and hassle free.

Hacksaw2

Reaction score
General info; if I missed somebody else stating the same thing excuse the duplication.

I talked to my State Farm office today to ask about getting coverage for my Droid I plan to purchase soon. I was told "some agents provide this coverage but we don't cover cell phones in Texas".
Sounded like a lame excuse to me but that's the same office I've got Home Owners, Boat, and 5 vehicles insured with. I even had a horse insured with this agent at one time but apparently cell phones are out of the question.
Looks like it's back to the Verizon store.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
General info; if I missed somebody else stating the same thing excuse the duplication.

I talked to my State Farm office today to ask about getting coverage for my Droid I plan to purchase soon. I was told "some agents provide this coverage but we don't cover cell phones in Texas".
Sounded like a lame excuse to me but that's the same office I've got Home Owners, Boat, and 5 vehicles insured with. I even had a horse insured with this agent at one time but apparently cell phones are out of the question.
Looks like it's back to the Verizon store.

Aww, that sucks. I'm sorry :(

I'll update the original post to reflect that State Farm agents can refuse to do this type of insurance. Thanks for the info.

dusbbal2008

Reaction score
use the code wintersale to get 40 bucks off your droid 2 year warranty from squaretrade. Policy comes out to 104 dollars and only a 50 dollar deductible. You can also cancel at any time and receive the prorated portion of your policy refunded back to you.

88Droid

Reaction score
Apparently, all agents of State Farm in the state of Texas and Louisiana are restricted, prohibited and unauthorized the selling of Personal Article Policy's for all cellphones (per their underwriter's).

Last edited: