A better insurance plan

solohikr

Reaction score
I was just made aware of a better insurance plan. I have Statefarm insurance for home and auto. I can cover my phone or any other item with a documentable value of 400.00 or more for 30.00 a year. No deductable and no limit on the number of claims. It must be paid in advance and renewed each year. If you file a claim they give you a check for the FULL RETAIL AMOUNT of the covered device to purchase a NEW phone, not refurb.
I am no math genius but you figure Asurions monthly price and deductible plus getting a refurbished phone, not such a great deal.
The only thing is if they suspect fraud such as you deliberately breaking your phone they could possibly deny a claim after an investigation. My agent said so far they have never denied a claim. I got my policy on my Droid X.
Maybe you should check with your insurance provider to see what their policy is.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Great idea! When i had water issues with the droid, i called to see if it was covered under homeowners, well it was, but i have a $1000 deductable lol. This seperate plan would be nice, i will have to ask about that. I wonder if state farm would do this if you dont have other insurance with them.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Hmmmm 30 dollars a year thats about $2.50 a month. And no deductible. So say you have your phone for two years you've spent 60 dollars to insure it. Asurion for smartphones is $7.99 a month. Plus that $80 deductable. For one year Asurion is $95.88. I wonder if i can just switch over to state farm for my cell phone insurance. Maybe i should call my state farm agent and find out.