Droid Insurance Asurion

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Dust would be a manufacture defect, not Insurance...

How much is this new insurance per month?

sophiethebulldog

Reaction score
a new phone? ha, I've had insurance for years. had a few phones sent, never has it been a NEW one and sprint or verizon will even tell you IF they don't have one and they usually dont...you get sent a " friggin refurbished" yeppers.... that's what it's all about folks. want a new one? buy one. I treat my Droid like a small computer cause it is to me. If it's lost or damaged I'm screwed with a used one.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Refurb I think has a bad reputation. It goes back to the factory and depending whats wrong with it gets a whole new make over back to stock spec.

I have had to replace a few phones under the warranty due to having a 12 YO boy who beats the hell out of them and have always recieved refurbs that look and work as they are brand new.

Reaction score
Refurbished units are FINE people. If they have an issue, you don't have to keep a broken phone. They don't have cooties either, I promise.

taypotts

Reaction score
Dust would be a manufacture defect, not Insurance...

How much is this new insurance per month?

Dust would not be something the manufacture would cover, they didn't put the dust in your phone while making it, and therefore it is out of their hands.

The complete protection is $14.99 a month, but when you do the math that's about $300 after the 2 years is up, and a new Droid would cost you about $600 retail.

They are NEW phones. We literally grab a brand new phone out of our inventory, and give it to you there on the spot, if that's what our insurance company deems it. Verizon will tell you it's a "new" phone when it's just refurbished, I would rather pay the $10 and get a brand new one.