Droid Insurance Asurion

pcraw

Reaction score
First the deductable (not disclosed) is $90.00. 2nd, you can't make the claim at a Verizon office they simply tell you to dial up Asurion for a long series of voicemails shuffles. Then, you must obtain from Asurion a claim form and send it in along with current picture i.d...Still not good enough they could not read the type written MEID numbers because they did not have enough boxies to accomodate the DROID. Many days now with no phone and no customer service from a very expensive but not customer service friendly insurance service.:mad:

coolkidd

Reaction score
First the deductable (not disclosed) is $90.00. 2nd, you can't make the claim at a Verizon office they simply tell you to dial up Asurion for a long series of voicemails shuffles. Then, you must obtain from Asurion a claim form and send it in along with current picture i.d...Still not good enough they could not read the type written MEID numbers because they did not have enough boxies to accomodate the DROID. Many days now with no phone and no customer service from a very expensive but not customer service friendly insurance service.:mad:

The deductible has always been there... You might have to read thru the agreement.

VZW has nothing to do with this, since it is a third-party who warrants your Droid.

My experience with Assurion has been very quick (takes me 2-days tops). Maybe you were not so lucky... I feel your pain...

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I usually go to the VZW with my broken devices and the dial them up, then I get on the phone with the CSR and give then the info they need. A replacement shows up in a day or two.

Good Luck !!! Let us know how it all turns out for you !

vzwmandroid

Reaction score

The deductible has always been there... You might have to read thru the agreement.

VZW has nothing to do with this, since it is a third-party who warrants your Droid.

My experience with Assurion has been very quick (takes me 2-days tops). Maybe you were not so lucky... I feel your pain...

Same here. Hint, call asurion don't bother doing it online.

taypotts

Reaction score
This is why I have Best Buy Mobile Insurance :) we are testing it out in NC right now and it's AWESOME!!!

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I've dealt with them alot in the past with my Voyager and I got my replacement phone the next day every time. It was always really easy. I think you just hit bad luck with them. Hopefully this will work out for you shortly!

Wagner:motdroidvert:

cuskit

Reaction score
Same here. Twice now. Both times had a new phone the next day. Those were $50.00 deductible, but for the Droid they raised it to $89.00

One thing that puzzles me - I never had to send in a picture ID. Is this something new now? It's been over 2 years since my last claim. And I did all the correspondence over the phone - they asked a few questions, including my cc # for the deductible, and zap - new phone was delivered to my door. Along with a return padded envelope for the broken phone. And even though they sent new chargers, batteries, etc. - all they wanted back was the broken phone itself, sans the battery! So I didn't feel so bad about the deductible as I got a new ac charger, cable, case and battery without giving up my previous stuff.

Hope your story turns out as well as mine, and the others chiming in here.

cuskit

J

Johnly

Asurion, FT, I have paid for their services too long, WTF, I have yet to use those rip offs....but if you are poor, use them, as they can help you into a new phone for the penny less....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is why I have Best Buy Mobile Insurance :) we are testing it out in NC right now and it's AWESOME!!!

How does one "test" out insurance?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about Asurion over the last year and a half that I've had a smart phone. No personal experience but I'm a bit shocked that the OP is having so many problems.

I think the OP is going to be even more upset when they send him a refurb. Don't expect it in the shiny new box.

taypotts

Reaction score

How does one "test" out insurance?

Well we are working with a company called NEW Insurance Group. Right now they are only covering stores in NC, and seeing how well it goes. If it works out then they will go nationwide.

Verizon's- Lost, stolen, liquid damage, and accidental damage with a $90 for repair, or refurbished units

Best Buy Mobile (Complete)- Lost, stolen, liquid damage, accidental damage, heat, humidity, dust, normal wear and tear, and power surges. If we repair your phone, or give you a refreshed one we don't charge 1 cent!!! If you get a BRAND NEW phone right out of the store for the Droid it's $100 (price varies based on phone).