Asurion Insurance Info

xjman349

Reaction score
Asurion Insurance
There have been a lot of talk about the insurance and a lot of posts leading nowhere. I decided to put all of the information I have about the insurance program in one post for easy reference. If you want to sticky feel free, if not no biggie.

Insurance consists of 4 total options:
1. No insurance – Pretty up front straight to the point. If you don’t have insurance
2. Extended Warranty – Extends the manufactures warranty as long as you are paying the $1.99.
3. WPP (Wireless Phone Protection) – Standard insurance covering lost, stolen, damaged, water damaged, physical damage, and pretty much anything that can happen to the device.
4. TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) – WPP and Extended Warranty combined.
Here is a grid to show what is covered etc:
rightstuff.jpg

Cool Fact: Asurion will also cover the Battery, Standard Ear Bud, Home Charger, Car Charger, and Leather case.

So something happened to your device what to do now?
There are two ways to create a claim Welcome Verizon Wireless Customers, or you can call 1-888-881-2622. To make your claim you will need:
-Wireless Phone Number
-Equipment Make/Model
-Equipment Purchase Date
-Deductible Payment
-Shipping Address
Claims must be filed within 60 days of the incident. If something happens to your device and you are saving to pay the deductible, call Asurion and open a claim to make sure you will be covered. If you try to create a claim after 60 days of the incident the device will not be covered. If you have an old phone you can activate it so you can still use your line of service until you can afford the deductible.
When your device is replaced it can be replaced with a new or remanufactured device, and occasionally a different color or model may be used. Asurion offers free overnight shipping. If you are looking to complete a claim and would like your device overnighted, you will need to have your order in by 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific. Asurion also offer Saturday shipping free of charge. All Asurion replacements have a 12 month warranty.

If you have insurance and do not want it you can cancel it at anytime. In the past Verizon Wireless has offered a program called Open Enrollment. This was in September of last year. This is a time regardless of when you activated your phone you can add insurance. This was something that happened in the past and I cannot promise it will happen again. If it does you will probably receive a mailer notifying of this option.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Asurion Insurance
There have been a lot of talk about the insurance and a lot of posts leading nowhere. I decided to put all of the information I have about the insurance program in one post for easy reference. If you want to sticky feel free, if not no biggie.

Insurance consists of 4 total options:
1. No insurance – Pretty up front straight to the point. If you don’t have insurance
2. Extended Warranty – Extends the manufactures warranty as long as you are paying the $1.99.
3. WPP (Wireless Phone Protection) – Standard insurance covering lost, stolen, damaged, water damaged, physical damage, and pretty much anything that can happen to the device.
4. TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) – WPP and Extended Warranty combined.
Here is a grid to show what is covered etc:
rightstuff.jpg

Cool Fact: Asurion will also cover the Battery, Standard Ear Bud, Home Charger, Car Charger, and Leather case.

So something happened to your device what to do now?
There are two ways to create a claim Welcome Verizon Wireless Customers, or you can call 1-888-881-2622. To make your claim you will need:
-Wireless Phone Number
-Equipment Make/Model
-Equipment Purchase Date
-Deductible Payment
-Shipping Address
Claims must be filed within 60 days of the incident. If something happens to your device and you are saving to pay the deductible, call Asurion and open a claim to make sure you will be covered. If you try to create a claim after 60 days of the incident the device will not be covered. If you have an old phone you can activate it so you can still use your line of service until you can afford the deductible.
When your device is replaced it can be replaced with a new or remanufactured device, and occasionally a different color or model may be used. Asurion offers free overnight shipping. If you are looking to complete a claim and would like your device overnighted, you will need to have your order in by 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific. Asurion also offer Saturday shipping free of charge. All Asurion replacements have a 12 month warranty.

If you have insurance and do not want it you can cancel it at anytime. In the past Verizon Wireless has offered a program called Open Enrollment. This was in September of last year. This is a time regardless of when you activated your phone you can add insurance. This was something that happened in the past and I cannot promise it will happen again. If it does you will probably receive a mailer notifying of this option.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17653-insurance-policy-vzw-asurion.html

I've been compiling information about multiple insurances over the past couple of days and updating with new info.

I'm calling ProtectCell again in the morning to reconfirm information about the insurance policies.
I intend to contact a couple of regular insurance providers to see about coverage under homeowners insurance.

Search is amazing.