Total Equipment Coverage vs

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
For $8 per month for Total Equipment Coverage vs $6 per month for Asurion Wireless Phone Protection--and the former includesthe benefits of Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program--why not opt for the $2/month advantage? Or, is it not what it appears to be?

Also, "If your device or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason-lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning-you are covered"--So a stolen or dropped Droid is covered?

Thanks

taypotts

Reaction score
The $8 insurance gives you an extra year of Manufacture Warranty as well as the coverage of: lost, stolen, accidental damage, and liquid submersion.

Basically if it a manufacture defect, and you only have the $6 plan after a year then you are SOL. Hope this helps.

Twoo

Reaction score
I'm so sick and tired of these insurance threads. It's 8 dollars a month. EIGHT DOLLARS.

That's $192.00 for 2 years, more than likely less than you actually paid for the phone itself.

taypotts

Reaction score
Well, ppl don't want to pay more for something they don't understand or might not use. It's ok to ask questions.

soyboy

Reaction score
I did take out the $8 plan. First time on any phone I've owned. On most phones I've owned I knew I could get a similar replacement on ebay or Craigslist if need be at a decent price. That's not going to happen with the Droid for a while. So since the insurance is optional and you can cancel it whenever you want to, I plan on keeping it for the first 12 months or so and then consider canceling it if there are some decent replacement starting to show up a reasonible prices. Of course I wouldn't blame anyone for not taking the insurance, I pretty much never take out extended warranties or such, but I don't carry those items around with me in my pocket while I am working, camping biking etc. Just call it piece of mind, it's worth the $8 to me.

Alexander180

Reaction score
In response to the op question, lost/stolen/or damaged does replace accessories that are affected in the mishap. when filling out a claim on phoneclaim.com/verizon it askes you what if any accessories were involved.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks very much. $8 is fine. My last phone was 6 years old. So, I do take care of my equipment, but this is very different. Thanks for the helpful responses! :)

Reaction score
Just received paperwork from Asurion. No replacement for droid. Replacement will be made with a phone similar though. Hmmmm what is similar?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The $8 insurance gives you an extra year of Manufacture Warranty as well as the coverage of: lost, stolen, accidental damage, and liquid submersion.

Basically if it a manufacture defect, and you only have the $6 plan after a year then you are SOL. Hope this helps.
Just to clarify, if you have the $6 plan, there is no extended warranty after the first year, but it will still cover for lost, stolen or physical/liquid damage.

I just wanted to clarify the "SOL" comment.