installation aborted EVERY time!!!

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
That's one of several SBF files. As long as it's for the Droid 1, any SBF file will work, but a full, stock SBF is what we need to work with now. That will put you back to out-of-the-box stock running FRG22D. You then will need to re-root, flash recovery, then lock in your custom recovery image with Motocache1's update.zip, and go from there.

Ok Justed finished using RSD Lite

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Boot your phone, sign back in, activate it, etc, and then check the build number. Should be FRG22D. If so, wonderful, and we'll pick this up tomorrow where I'll show you how to get a custom recovery image on a clean FRG22D install without having to flash it EVERY single time. :)

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Boot your phone, sign back in, activate it, etc, and then check the build number. Should be FRG22D. If so, wonderful, and we'll pick this up tomorrow where I'll show you how to get a custom recovery image on a clean FRG22D install without having to flash it EVERY single time. :)

My phone updated to frg83d, Hopefully that won't be a problem?:icon_eek:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Z4root doesn't work on 83d, but motocache1's root any os does. It uses rsd lite, so you should have no problems with it. Link two in my sig. Signing off for the night, though. Good luck!

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Z4root doesn't work on 83d, but motocache1's root any os does. It uses rsd lite, so you should have no problems with it. Link two in my sig. Signing off for the night, though. Good luck!

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

RSD lite worked fine until I got to Installing Update.zip, I got back:
Finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(no such file or directory)
installation aborted.

EDIT
OK I figured out whats wrong. I downgraded 83d and downloaded the z4root apk on my computer then to my SD csrd. Using app installer to install the apk. I noticed that the update.zip changed to update.zip.zip. I changed the name and used RSD lite again to root, and got past that error above.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Glad you got it working. The .zip.zip error is pervasive. :)