installation aborted EVERY time!!!

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Okay, let's focus on number 7. Did you get it to install properly and then tried to install 1 or was it just the install of 7 before moving on? What ROM were you trying to install it to? Name and version number, please. (I see that they're for Bugless Beast, I'm just trying to make sure you're trying to install them for the right version and ROM.)

Im running on
Bugless beast v0.5
android version 2.2
jdlfg kernel 850Mhz

I tried to install theme number 7 first and got that error, then I moving on to number 10 to see if I got the same results.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, then. Flash Clockwork, flash Alternate Recovery, then repeat this procedure 3 times before trying again with a fresh download of the theme. I know it sounds like a lot of work but that's the procedure for fixing recovery errors with ROM Manager.

If you've already tried this then we'll move on to the next possible fix.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Okay, then. Flash Clockwork, flash Alternate Recovery, then repeat this procedure 3 times before trying again with a fresh download of the theme. I know it sounds like a lot of work but that's the procedure for fixing recovery errors with ROM Manager.

If you've already tried this then we'll move on to the next possible fix.

OK, I flashed it three time as you said and downloaded the file again and put it into my SD card, do you want me to go into recovery mode (Clockwork) and try to install it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Right. If it wont' install from clockwork either there's a major problem with the files or with your phone (possibly recovery). Hopefully not the latter, but there's not much we can do about it.

How much free space do you have on your phone? Not the SD card, the phone? Check that before you try to install the theme.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Right. If it wont' install from clockwork either there's a major problem with the files or with your phone (possibly recovery). Hopefully not the latter, but there's not much we can do about it.

How much free space do you have on your phone? Not the SD card, the phone? Check that before you try to install the theme.

my internal phone storage is 74.42MB ,SD card 10.28 available
Tried install the file and got the same error again

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Unfortunately that means I'm totally out of easy answers. It sounds like either the files are screwed up...

Did you flash the no update fix for v.5?

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Unfortunately that means I'm totally out of easy answers. It sounds like either the files are screwed up...

Did you flash the no update fix for v.5?
Are you talking about patch for the OTA update for the motorola droid By Pete
Peter Alfonso
If so, No, I couldn't because of that error

Last edited:
OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Are you getting update nags?

Did you try to flash the no update patch before all this started? Did you upgrade from v.4?

I do get the update notifications. I tried flashing it 3 days ago, the update started nagging at me 2 days ago. unfortunately I didn't upgrade from v.4. I used ROM manager to get bugless beast v.5. For some reason when I download from ROM manager and install the download it works flawlessly with no issues.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Thanks for bearing with me; the barrage of questions was to get a picture of what was going on.

Bugless Beast v.5 is tricky to install -- if you do it wrong it causes problems and those problems vary from installation to installation. What version of Clockwork are you running? If it's not the latest, upgrade it. If it is the latest, try downgrading a couple of times and see if one of those will work.

ROM Manager can and does cause problems, unfortunately, and Clockwork isn't as stable as it could be a lot of the time.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
My clockwork version is 2.5.0.1
Im trying to downgrade it and it says "an error occurred while flashing your recovery".

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That is the latest version. Try rolling it back a step and see if that helps. Some phones work better with earlier versions.

Another option is try to reinstall the ROM and then flash the theme. Kind of a dumb question, but this is all being done manually without ROM Managers help (all the stuff we've been doing together), right?

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
That is the latest version. Try rolling it back a step and see if that helps. Some phones work better with earlier versions.

Another option is try to reinstall the ROM and then flash the theme. Kind of a dumb question, but this is all being done manually without ROM Managers help (all the stuff we've been doing together), right?

ok I just want to get this straight, because I don't want to mess up. You want me to download Bugless beast v.5, put it on my SD card and try to install it going into recovery by holding X and the power button then falshing the theme?