installation aborted EVERY time!!!

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Every time I try to install a .zip file I get this error:
"finding update package"
"opening update package"

That will pop up and quickly disappear then take me back to the main menu. This happened's to all the .zip files that I tried installing. (tried both named update.zip and the name it came with when I downloaded it on the computer).
I tried this by using ROM manger, and holding X and the power button. I've tried using Clock mod and SPRrecovery and nothing still. People have been saying that the file is corrupt. I've tried different files and still get that error.
Anyway to fix this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the zip file you are trying to install is an update then you will have to remove the root because either clockwork or SPRecovery will block the update. I see your frustration in your post but that's the best guess I have based on the information you gave us.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
make sure you select "allow installation from sd card"

There is no allow installation from SD card to check. Are you talking about while your in SPRecovery tapping that one box that says it's OK to do install?

No such item exist in Clockwork so the OP wouldn't have that issue that way.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
If the zip file you are trying to install is an update then you will have to remove the root because either clockwork or SPRecovery will block the update. I see your frustration in your post but that's the best guess I have based on the information you gave us.

It isn't a update for the phone, I justed changed the file name to Update.zip. The files I try to install are Themes for bugless beast.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In SPR it's under install menu right above the actual installation selection. It says allow update.zip. The file would need to be named update.zip in this case. update.zip not Update.zip

Hook is right, there is no "allow" option in CW, in this case you do not need to rename to update.zip. In CW you would select install .zip file from sd card and then select .zip, then you can scroll and select the file to install.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
In SPR it's under install menu right above the actual installation selection. It says allow update.zip. The file would need to be named update.zip in this case

Hook is right, there is no "allow" option in CW, in this case you do not need to rename to update.zip. In CW you would select install .zip file from sd card and then select .zip, then you can scroll and select the file to install.

Oh OK, After pressing install, that is when I get the error that never goes away when i try to install a file

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
Right now im in SPRecovey I have two options the first one is
"Allow update.zip installation" This option dosen't do anything when I press it.
The second is:
" install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)" This gives me:
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update package...
installation aborted.

EDIT:
Theres another option
Choose ROM from SD card
Pressing this say's
E: no tar archives found

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, let's focus on number 7. Did you get it to install properly and then tried to install 1 or was it just the install of 7 before moving on? What ROM were you trying to install it to? Name and version number, please. (I see that they're for Bugless Beast, I'm just trying to make sure you're trying to install them for the right version and ROM.)