Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'd try that, yes. It might clean up whatever error you're having -- and if you STILL get an installation aborted then there is a problem and your phone may need wiping.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
I'd try that, yes. It might clean up whatever error you're having -- and if you STILL get an installation aborted then there is a problem and your phone may need wiping.

WOW I just check the peter alfonso's website and click on Bugless beast and noticed that v.6 is out or that what I think. Can you tell me what exactly what it means by "mirror". ( in the download link)
Peter Alfonso

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Mirror is just another site hosting the exact same files so they can guarantee uptime and download speeds as well as quality of the files.

If you want to try v.6 put it on your SD card and try to flash it. Same caveat applies as above, though.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
now that Im thing about it. Im wondering if there is a theme or something for v.6. if the theme parts dosen't work i could try to install the OTASTOP.zip patch to see if reflashing the ROM worked.
Trying to install BB v.6 manually didn't work gave me that ignoring error.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
There won't be a theme for v.6 right now because it dropped in the last 24 hours, but in a few days I'm sure there will be. :)

Updating to v.6 might solve your problems, but if you can't even flash it on then the phone itself may need a good cleaning -- aka wipe and/or SBF flash.

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
There won't be a theme for v.6 right now because it dropped in the last 24 hours, but in a few days I'm sure there will be. :)

Updating to v.6 might solve your problems, but if you can't even flash it on then the phone itself may need a good cleaning -- aka wipe and/or SBF flash.

I tried reseting to factory and wiping cache, and it still did't work. Right now im restoring my last backup. IF ROM manager has v.6 on it, would it fix it or would I have to do that SBF flash thing? (don't know what SBF flash is )

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I can't promise it would fix it. I'm thinking SBF -- but if you can get ANYTHING like a ROM to install it might fix your problem.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
I can't promise it would fix it. I'm thinking SBF -- but if you can get ANYTHING like a ROM to install it might fix your problem.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

OK to the looks of this I am going to have to do that SBF thing because ROM manager is giving me a problem installing it. cant really read what it say because it goes away to fast. Can you get me started on what to do for the SBF thing?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
It should talk you through it. :)

Check the preferences for a batch mode and the backup/restore at the top for individual backups.

Hopefully the batch backup is allowed in the free version, otherwise it will take you a long time -- so you might be better off just backing up your data so you don't lose your texts and stuff. :)

OP
X

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
you said I need a stock SBF image were do I get that?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's one of several SBF files. As long as it's for the Droid 1, any SBF file will work, but a full, stock SBF is what we need to work with now. That will put you back to out-of-the-box stock running FRG22D. You then will need to re-root, flash recovery, then lock in your custom recovery image with Motocache1's update.zip, and go from there.