ROM "Installation aborted"...???

skrump

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me out here- I'm attempting to flash my newly rooted D1 with my first ROM. I downloaded Ultimate Droid 2.5 for my D1, put the file into the root on my SD Card, renamed it update.zip, Rebooted the phone into SPRrecovery, Did a backup, Did a factory/data wipe, did a cache wipe, then went to select install update.zip (deprececated)... My Droid then started the install process, and this is what came up on the progress report:

--Install from SD Card
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:update.zip install blocked
Installation aborted.

I made a backup which I restored from, so I'm all good, but I'm bummed that I couldn't install this ROM! What am I doing wrong?

Edit- Sorry, Complete Noob mistake here. I skipped that step of hitting the "allow update.zip" option that was right in front of my face. Hit that, then tried the install again, worked perfectly.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did you select allow install from sdcard?? Its the second option in the install menu. Gotta select that before the (deprecated) one.

Sent from somewhere...

foxdog

Reaction score
There should be a allow update.zip that you choose, the screen will flash for a sec then you should be able to install it.

Edit: I guess I was a little late to the party...