Increase Your Phone's Internal Storage To 1TB With i-Blades!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

These days most OEMs are distancing themselves from expandable memory in favor of cloud storage options. There are still ways to add external storage to your phone. For the most part these can be cumbersome and impractical. OTG cables allow you to connect flash drives to your phone but who wants to have to carry around an extra cord and flash drive. There are also OTG flash drives that plug directly into your phone's USB port, but there again who wants something sticking out of their phone's usb jack.

i-Blades may have come up with the perfect solution. They demonstrated their technology which allows you to add up to 1TB of extra storage to your phone last week at CES. Their product is a case that utilizes "blades" which snap on to add either battery power or storage. For storage they have options ranging from 64GB to 1TB. This product is not yet live, but you can head to the link below for the pre-order.

via i-Blades

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't need storage that bad ...these cases look worst and worst lately

6s Plus

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Holy man! If you need that much storage on a phone, you're doing it wrong. Haha! Just my opinion. I realize there are some people who travel a lot and etc and have tons of movies and music and stuff, but 1TB on a phone seems crazy at this point.

Of course, I remember when we got our first 1GB hard drive in a computer. My dad said something similar, "There's no way we'll ever fill that up." and he laughed. Now, I carry WAY more than that amount of storage around in my pockets.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Holy man! If you need that much storage on a phone, you're doing it wrong. Haha! Just my opinion. I realize there are some people who travel a lot and etc and have tons of movies and music and stuff, but 1TB on a phone seems crazy at this point.

Of course, I remember when we got our first 1GB hard drive in a computer. My dad said something similar, "There's no way we'll ever fill that up." and he laughed. Now, I carry WAY more than that amount of storage around in my pockets.
If they need that much storage, a phone shouldn't be the device to carry it. Who enjoys watching TV on a 5" screen? No thanks.

I carry a 64GB flash drive. It has all my networking and PC install programs.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If they need that much storage, a phone shouldn't be the device to carry it. Who enjoys watching TV on a 5" screen? No thanks.

I carry a 64GB flash drive. It has all my networking and PC install programs.
It's actually not bad at all. Sometimes, when I don't feel like going down to my mancave after work and my setpson is playing and making all kinds of noise in the living room, I'll lay on the bed and watch some Netflix on my phone. Hold your phone reasonably close to your face next time you're watching TV. A small screen at a distance of a couple of feet looks about the same as my 60" TV from across the room.

Still, I agree that that's more storage than someone should need if they're just using a phone. Something like this would be better on a tablet IMO, where you get a bigger screen for your movies.

I have a 64GB mini/regular USB 3.0 drive on my keychain. Was a lot more handy before I got the 6P with USB type-c. Still holding out on getting an adapter. I want one that will be easy to carry around and not lose, but also easy to release from my keys/etc. to use quickly.

Kinda think I should've bought that fancy wifi drive that's bigger, but doesn't need to be plugged in to the phone, but I only ever used it to transfer some pictures from my phone to my computer for work when I didn't feel like waiting on email to send and then download.