Add Storage To Your Note 5 Without SDcard

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for price compared to ones like in the OP and the fact that I didn't NEED the extra storage space, I would've gotten something like this. Would save a component or two from your setup.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Wirel...40532171&sr=1-3&keywords=wireless+thumb+drive

Yes, but with the HooToo setup I have virtually unlimited space, it's cheaper, and I can do more with it (streaming to set top box, Chromecast support, file sharing among devices, and wifi sharing).

Batman8

Reaction score
I thank you for the info here on the OTG option, but I already own 5 of these devices that I use (one in the car, one attached to my TV, one for my tablet, etc.) and although they are useful, nothing will help me store data for all of my HD games on my phones but internal (SDcard) storage and Samsung HAS TOTALLY SCREWED THAT UP! As a owner of a Note 2, Note 3 and Note 10.1 I can't believe that they abandoned the very specs that have ALWAYS been in the Note series like SDcard storage. I also had become attached to a removable battery and the IR blaster for controlling my TV's around the house.

This new Note 5 is such a complete disappointment that no words can even describe it, but here goes anyway...SAMSUNG I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!

I hope they get back to what was working well and return these features in a new Note 5 Active! Otherwise, I'll have to find a new brand of phone to support, huh?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well I have 4 or 5 OTG cables that have USB and card readers built in so I really don't need one of these... However for $13 for the 32gb I figure why not. I can toss it in fanny pack and just have that many more options when in the field. And field equates to work and hunting lol.

Note 4tified

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One day I was using my OTG adapter, and my 128 stick with my Nexus 6, and the darn thing kept disconnecting because I kept hitting the darn adapter by mistake (on a train for 4 hours a day, so shifts and rocking are a common occurrence).

I thought there had to be a better way.

BEHOLD:
HooToo Tripmate Nano
http://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Wireless-Router-Access-Companion/dp/B00HZWOQZ6

With this "inexpensive" gadget you can WIRELESSLY transmit music, pictures and video to your Android (or iOS :-( ) device.

My setup is as follows:
- 10000 mah Power brick
- 128 GB stick
- Tripmate Nano
- Patience

I plug my USB key into the Tripmate Nano, then plug the Nano into the power brick.
Next I connect, via Wifi, to the Tripmate. Voila, instance access to my STUFF.

It took some time to get everything working just right (maybe about 1 hour), but now everything works seamlessly.

Since I carry a bag to and from work, everything stays out of site. The only thing I'm holding is my Android device.

Zen.

Note: you do not need 10000 mah to power the Tripmate, this is just what I bought. A 2000 mah powerbrick should work just fine. The Tripmate just needs power somehow. Also, they have newer ones that you can charge, as they come with an integrated powerbrick.

This also has several other uses as well, but this was my primary use for the Tripmate Nano.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a full review.
That sounds pretty neat for the next model up. Wi-Fi hotspot, data mover and an external power pack.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yeah it does will have to look into that thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
One day I was using my OTG adapter, and my 128 stick with my Nexus 6, and the darn thing kept disconnecting because I kept hitting the darn adapter by mistake (on a train for 4 hours a day, so shifts and rocking are a common occurrence).

I thought there had to be a better way.

BEHOLD:
HooToo Tripmate Nano
http://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Wireless-Router-Access-Companion/dp/B00HZWOQZ6

With this "inexpensive" gadget you can WIRELESSLY transmit music, pictures and video to your Android (or iOS :-( ) device.

My setup is as follows:
- 10000 mah Power brick
- 128 GB stick
- Tripmate Nano
- Patience

I plug my USB key into the Tripmate Nano, then plug the Nano into the power brick.
Next I connect, via Wifi, to the Tripmate. Voila, instance access to my STUFF.

It took some time to get everything working just right (maybe about 1 hour), but now everything works seamlessly.

Since I carry a bag to and from work, everything stays out of site. The only thing I'm holding is my Android device.

Zen.

Note: you do not need 10000 mah to power the Tripmate, this is just what I bought. A 2000 mah powerbrick should work just fine. The Tripmate just needs power somehow. Also, they have newer ones that you can charge, as they come with an integrated powerbrick.

This also has several other uses as well, but this was my primary use for the Tripmate Nano.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a full review.
Do these work with external HDD as well?
]

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do these work with external HHD as well?

I didn't think it would, but I just tried and was pleasantly surprised.

Yes it works. I used an external Western Digital USB 3.0 drive. I can see and interact with all the files and folders in the filesystem.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Aawww sweet, Sold..lol.