Crazy Deal Alert: 64GB Micro USB OTG $19

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Doesn't work as well on the Turbo as it does on the S5.
Plug it in to the Turbo and nothing happens. Yea, I go into ES Explorer and can move files to it. But when I tried it on my friends S5: *ding* Phone says: I see external storage attached. The Sammy File manager opens up: would you like to put stuff on that stick? (paraphrased)

Nice Sammy! Sad Moto!

Or is it just me? Maybe I installed an app that screwed that up?
That's why I suggested Nexus Media Importer app. Samsung has drivers built in to auto start ( from Honeycomb days of the Tab) but NMI adds the drivers needed and you get to choose which file manager to auto open and/or whether to auto open or not. There is a free trial version to check for compatibility with your device.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Pulled the trigger cause I needed another item for an add-on item....

3.0 version, coming in Monday supposedly. I figured next phone won't need an SD card upgrade and can just remove some of the older pictures to free up some space. This flash drive should last me a good while...the highest capacity one I have right now is 16gb and it's served me well for the past 4yrs

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You guys weren't kidding about how handy these things are! I was taking some pictures of our latest construction progress for work this morning. Last time, I emailed them, but today I knew I was taking videos, so I was going to go to my truck and get my USB cable. When I grabbed my keys from my desk, I saw my new OTG drive on the ring and decided I didn't need to go to my truck after all. Transferred a handful of pictures and 4 1-2 minute videos lickity split from phone to card, and am now manipulating them on my PC.

And the ability to have 64GB of extra storage in my pocket at all times can't be measured at this point since it's got both regular and Micro USB. I'm sure this thing will come in even more handy than I think at this point.

I did notice that the micro one does seem a bit loose in my phone though, as someone else was saying. (Note 4) Still, I doubt I'll be running around with this drive attached to my phone, especially since it's on my key ring right now.

A good buy for sure though!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was uploading some GIF's from Old Turbo to DropBox yesterday. On new Turbo, I opened the DropBox folder... hmm... how do I download a whole folder from DropBox???
O wait!
Grabbed the OTG Drive. Seconds later I was done.
#GoodPurchase

doniago

Reaction score
I'm eyeing the USB 3.0 one, but camelcamelcamel.com indicates it's been cheaper in the past, and I'm not really in a rush to get it. In time...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm eyeing the USB 3.0 one, but camelcamelcamel.com indicates it's been cheaper in the past, and I'm not really in a rush to get it. In time...
The day mine was delivered is the day it dropped in price by $2. Oh well, that's how amazon works

doniago

Reaction score
I think I had a similar situation once and Amazon was willing to credit me the difference, but I'm really blanking on the details, and I don't know that I'd make a fuss over $2 (he says right after making a post arguing for a product being a few bucks cheaper).