Android Smartphone Users Easiest Way to Transfer Files: SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;pNk-feu0CvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNk-feu0CvQ[/video]​

One of the most common questions asked across the forums from new users is, "How can I transfer files between my smartphone, my tablet, and my PC?" There are a number of products and possibilities out there, and most charging cable which come with smartphones can handle the task. Despite this, Sandisk decided they wanted to create and market the easiest solution yet, and it also doubles as a storage device. It's called the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive, and it truly is a remarkably simple, yet elegant solution.

The SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive is basically just a USB flash drive which comes in capacities of 16GB, 32GB & 64GB, yet it also contains both a Type A USB 2.0 plug on one side, and a Micro-B USB 2.0 plug on the other. This is a brilliant idea. With this device you don't have to fumble around with extra adapters and/or cables, and this can double as your data backup/storage.

It's important to note that you will probably need to add a file manager app to your Android devices, but there are several alternatives on the Google Play Store which will do the job nicely. In fact, SanDisk’s own Memory Zone app is perfect for the job and is free on the Play Store. Here's a quick rundown of the main featureset for this device:

Dual Connectors for Easy File Transfers
Optimized for Android smartphones and tablets**, the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive features a micro-USB connector on one side and a USB 2.0 connector on the other, enabling you to transfer photos, videos, and other files to your PC or Mac computer to clear up storage space.

Organize Files with SanDisk Memory Zone App
The SanDisk Memory Zone app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store app**, provides an easy way to manage, organize, and back up files stored in the internal and external memory of your Android smartphone. The app can be used with the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive for moving files.

Available in Capacities up to 64GB
Offering up to 64GB of storage space, the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive provides enough capacity for large digital photo or music libraries. If you take a lot of photos or videos with your smartphone or tablet, the drive makes it easy to back up those files or move them from your device to your PC or Mac computer.

Automatically Detected When Connected
For easy, immediate use, the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive is a "plug-and-play" device that is automatically detected when it is connected to a compatible Android smartphone, tablet or computer**.

Compatibility and Warranty
The SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive is compatible with Android smartphones and tablets** and with PCs running Windows® XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8 or Mac computers running Mac OS X v10.5+. It is backed by a five-year limited warranty**

Here's a link to the SanDisk website discussing the product: SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive

Here's a link to a PCWorld review on the device: SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive review: Android file transfers made easy | PCWorld

It's very new, so we aren't quite sure of availability yet. If you can get hold of one of these, please sound off in the thread and let us know where and when.

Thanks for the tip, Jeffrey!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I use Wifi File Explorer pro or Dropbox. I can also set up a windows share via Astro on my router that has a USB slot for an external or flash drive.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Pretty cool

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
too bad its USB 2.0..

Yeah... it would have been nice to have the faster speeds of 3.0, but it would have added to the cost too I suppose. I am sure a future version will be 3.0, assuming it sells moderately well.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I do all of the above, (AirDroid for the WiFi) but you can't knock the convenience, especially if I'm on the road.

Last edited:

sdyu

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc one m8
Thanks for sharing this, there're many android data transfer apps could backup everything from your phone to computer.I happen to know one could transfer data from your phone to computer, including text messages, contacts, photos, etc.

Last edited: