Crazy Deal Alert: 64GB Micro USB OTG $19

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you @mountainbikermark! That is an excellent idea. I have a few different unused cases which would work perfectly. It is exactly what I'm going to do.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk
I got that case on Amazon for .01 plus $2 s/h . I ended up getting 6 of them for $12.06 shipped. To get the same case Prime shipped was $3.79 each. They're great for Bluetooth, corded in ear buds and other little things that are easily lost in pocket.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think I may just have to order a few of those for myself.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Either my math memory was off or they raised the shipping
Amazon.com Bluecell Black bluetooth handsfree headsets HARD EVA Case for Jawbone ERA ICON HD ICON Electronics

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Just ordered 2 of these. Received my dual usb drive. For fun & giggles, I transferred 0.5gb (140 pics) from my phone. Took less than a minute. I actually really like the small size. It is half the size of my other ones. Mine also does click firmly in place when you slide either the micro or the usb out. Check yours out @mountainbikermark to make sure yours does too. Make sure the slider is all the way to the end of the slider track.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Got the 3.0 64GB in, yeah it's small.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 of these. Received my dual usb drive. For fun & giggles, I transferred 0.5gb (140 pics) from my phone. Took less than a minute. I actually really like the small size. It is half the size of my other ones. Mine also does click firmly in place when you slide either the micro or the usb out. Check yours out @mountainbikermark to make sure yours does too. Make sure the slider is all the way to the end of the slider track.

That was it. I only pushed until it clicked once. I pushed a little harder and it clicked and stuck.
I also got confirmation the case it's in is water resistant. Got caught in a heavy downpour, phone was in a sub sandwich sized Ziploc bag I keep in my wallet, cigarettes in another Ziploc bag, I forgot about the stuff in the case. By the time I got to the van it, and I, were dripping wet. Opening it up, fearing the worst and it was bone dry inside.
I copied my videos from the phone to the card
06d91392dad1e43046758dbbdfbab93e.jpg
and it took just under 24 minutes from plug in to unplug. I don't think that's bad at all.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Missed out on the deal, it's back up to $30 now for the 2.0. Oddly enough the 3.0 model is $24.99.....I'm tempted.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This 3.0 64gb device works great on both my S5 and Nexus 10. Love it.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My 3.0 model should be here by Monday. Didn't realize my account was just below the purchase price the other day when this came up. Yesterday was payday, so I remedied that situation.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Missed out on the deal, it's back up to $30 now for the 2.0. Oddly enough the 3.0 model is $24.99.....I'm tempted.
Go for it dezymond! You won't be disappointed. It will be your go to flash drive. It is so convenient to copy your stuff and easily have it available on all your devices. And 3.0 speeds are like going from dial up to cable.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Go for it dezymond! You won't be disappointed. It will be your go to flash drive. It is so convenient to copy your stuff and easily have it available on all your devices. And 3.0 speeds are like going from dial up to cable.

I was trying to justify spending money on it last night...

Think I may wait. Supposedly the phone I want, z4v, drops next week and I want to pick up a 64gb microSD card for it. So really the only thing stopping me from buying this flash drive is the fact I may be dropping a nice chunk of change next week....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Hmmm. Doesn't work as well on the Turbo as it does on the S5.
Plug it in to the Turbo and nothing happens. Yea, I go into ES Explorer and can move files to it. But when I tried it on my friends S5: *ding* Phone says: I see external storage attached. The Sammy File manager opens up: would you like to put stuff on that stick? (paraphrased)

Nice Sammy! Sad Moto!

Or is it just me? Maybe I installed an app that screwed that up?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ES File Explorer immediately opened on my N3. That must be a specific feature of ES. @PereDroid, check your ES settings on your Turbo. Maybe there is a setting regarding recognizing external storage?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Could be a difference in added features of TouchWiz vs what Moto added to the Trubo. I'll be interested to see what happens with my Note 4. I don't do a LOT of file manipulation with it, but I stick with my trusty old Astro File manager when I do. I've never used the Samsung "My Files" app enough to even really know how to navigate it.