Leef Access microUSB Dongle Could Solve Your Android Storage Problems

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
leef-access-dongle-android-smartphone-tablet.jpg

Do you love your phone and/or tablet but lament the fact that it doesn't have a microSD slot to handle your offline storage needs? If you said yes to this question, then the new Leef Access microUSB Dongle might be the perfect fit for you. The Leef Access is an adapter designed to fit your microSD cards directly into the microsUSB port on your device.

It's not bulky and cumbersome either. The Leef Access is only 9mm thick, making it a handy size for easy portability. It's also remarkably affordable at just $9.99. Here's the full press release with more details,

Leef Continues Bringing Memory Products to Mobile Devices with Leef Access

New microSD card Reader Enables Users to
Easily Manage and Share More Data on Android Phones and Tablets

SAN FRANCISCO (March 26, 2014) * Building off of their success with Leef Bridge, the first USB flash drive for Android phones, Leef Technology LTD. (Leef) today announced Leef Access – a microSD card reader for phones and tablets. Leef Access is a simple, easy-to-use solution for accessing and transferring data from a microSD memory card to Android mobile devices.

By connecting to the microUSB port of a mobile device, Leef Access provides users with external microSD storage for managing data and allows for direct playback of photos, videos and other content. Maintaining Leef’s emphasis on the small details that matter most to users, Leef Access is designed with the same longer ‘neck and shoulders’ as the Bridge devices so users never have to remove their phone case to use it.

“My phone is my computer. We all are doing more and more on phones and less on computers so a microSD reader for Android is a simple way to quickly move data,” said Mark Schulte, Lead Design Engineer at Leef. “As the data revolution leads more and more people away from computers, we recognize a need to make it easy and convenient for people to share data between mobile devices.”

Leef Access offers sleek lines and a compact size that complement the style and form of today’s smartphones and tablets. In addition to the card-reading slot, the Leef design team built in an extra storage slot for a spare microSD card, giving consumers the added convenience of carrying additional memory capacity.

Leef Access is compatible with all microSD memory cards, including Leef PRO, the company¹s recently launched UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory card line, which are optimized for the microSD USB reader.

Availability and Pricing

Leef Access is immediately available for purchase for a suggested retail price of $9.99 at Best USB Flash Drive and Flash Memory Card | Leef and Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more.

About Leef

Leef Technology creates products that people want to own. For more information, visit Best USB Flash Drive and Flash Memory Card | Leef.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well...there was the Meenova and Sony dongle. What I like about this one tho is its has 2 slots for 2 cards. I like that the Meenova is smaller...and I like that the Sony one has standard USB on 1 side. Only thing about the Sony one is its not a card reader.

I have a Moto G...8GB...and am starting to hit that storage wall. I knew I would....I've used about 11GB on every phone I had until now. I wanted to pull the trigger on the meenova...but have been reading about users having issues with it reading cards.