Storage card questions

mspeights

Reaction score
OK, I'm new to this terminology and am transitioning from a Palm device. With the Palm, the SD storage just clicked out of the side, but I understand the SD in the Incredible must be removed along with the battery. The information shows it has 1.8 GB space, but I cannot view any files on it. I specified for the system to automatically store photos on the SD, but I cannot see them. Do I need to format the SD first? If so, how do I do format it? Also, what is meant by "rooting" it?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
You don't need to remove the battery at the same time. The SD card just goes under the battery cover. It's on the bottom left, next to the battery.

mspeights

Reaction score
Thanks! Also, I stilll don't know how to view what's on my SD card unless it's attached to my PC. I was able to find an micro SD adapter and took the SD out of the phone and viewed it separately on my PC, and the photos I had taken after changing the settings to SD card did appear. When I select SD card from Manage Applications, nothing shows up on my phone. Is it possible to view all SD files from a menu on the phone?

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks! Also, I stilll don't know how to view what's on my SD card unless it's attached to my PC. I was able to find an micro SD adapter and took the SD out of the phone and viewed it separately on my PC, and the photos I had taken after changing the settings to SD card did appear. When I select SD card from Manage Applications, nothing shows up on my phone. Is it possible to view all SD files from a menu on the phone?

No need to remove the card and use the card adapter every time. Download Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer from the market.