I'm calling developers, one week gone by , and I haven't seen miui gb

cowsquad

Reaction score
come on now, we don't have support for our droid 1, wow. jzrrrril you are an official developer, so come help us, man. at least try guys or let me know the basics, I'll do it :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Anathema

Reaction score
come on now, we don't have support for our droid 1, wow. jzrrrril you are an official developer, so come help us, man. at least try guys or let me know the basics, I'll do it :)

Another one? You've got to be kidding. It's been 1 week, 1 ****ing week. Dev's do this for free, and half a life outside of this. You can live without your favorite rom until the next release.

hixie5

Reaction score
Patience is a virtue. :)

I admit, I too check the forum everyday hoping to see a GB release, but Anathema is correct; the Devs have other things in their life and we should just be appreciative of all the previous ROMs they have given us.

There is no "right" to have a new ROM version every week, it is just a privilege they have been graciously providing the last year or so. Just be grateful you can currently enjoy a 1.3.25 ROM.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Well I figured out how to get it to install just got to figure out how to get it to boot. I'm not a Dec just teaching myself. I just hope some takes over lol. But I'm trying ill be working on it tonight.

frostthejack

Reaction score
By the way if I get it working ill be posting on miui-dev not here

lfylove

Reaction score
Try liquids rom in the meantime itss beasttt

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Frost, I have set up a build environment and can build custom versions of CM7. Do you know what Bama normally does to port it? I have looked into the milestone zip and was looking for some modules or drivers to change.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Frost, I have set up a build environment and can build custom versions of CM7. Do you know what Bama normally does to port it? I have looked into the milestone zip and was looking for some modules or drivers to change.

no i have no idea what he does to change it i did however notice that things he changed have a different modified date then things he didnt change so maybe that can help you some. i did manage to get it to boot but froze on bootanimation every different way i tried it

jengas kahn

Reaction score
i don't mean to sound like Captain Hindsight but i wish there had been multiple people sitting in with bama when james showed him how to port it.

porky101

Reaction score
First off, people who are complaining about not getting the GB version yet, STFU. Bama is trying to pass is MCATs, give him a break these people have lives outside of porting MIUI ROMs. I for one am glad for this little break, was sick of organizing my phone every week when a new ROM came out :p.

Anyway, maybe if you look at one of the Milestone ROMs with the same version as the Droid ROM you can compare what Bama changed, to what stayed. I am interested in learning to port, I do have a good Java background and I am majoring in Computer Science. email me at: [email protected] i am very interested in the process.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you can't wait then try other ROMs. I have been on CM7 RC4 for a while and it's been failry nice. I however right now am going back to the latest MIUI D1 release because it has not let me down in the past...

Patients young grasshopper!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's this sort of impatience that bugs the hell out of developers. It's not like Gingerbread MIUI is going to revolutionize our Droids, we'll be lucky if it runs as well as Froyo MIUI does (which was pretty memory intensive itself). If someone has the interest to step up and try to port it, they will, otherwise people just need to sit back and wait for bama to finish his preparation and testing. Be happy that you got the last Froyo MIUI ported before he left, and you have something that mostly works to use until he gets back. There are also several options for something else to run if you are really that impatient and have an addiction developing. Patience will get you far, especially in this community :)