[ICS Leak/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.215

MoonScar119

Reaction score
yeah... no memory card works. Even tried flashing a new one. Can removing the card when the phone is on kill it though? it makes no sense. It's acting like it needs a reboot to refind it.

And I have no battery issues. I know how to charge the battery with the red/black wired by loosening the torque screws.

I do appreciat the effort.

Again, where I stand now.... Is there a way to get this to work without a memory card? Can I somehow connect my phone to my PC and upload to the cache?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Since the phone could not mount the card then removing it while the phone is on will not cause a problem. Why don't you start the whole process over and see if it works.

kenji91

Reaction score
Since the phone could not mount the card then removing it while the phone is on will not cause a problem. Why don't you start the whole process over and see if it works.

For what it's worth, I had some issues going from ICS215 to ICS217. I only had 4 errors going back to GB219 (instead of the usual 5) and I got this error when trying to flash ICS217:

Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7)

I started it over and got the familiar 5 errors and it worked fine after that. Weird...

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It's finicky, sometimes it works flawlessly and other times it takes a few attempts.

For me going from GB to 206 and from 206 to 208 was painful, but going from 208 to 211 and from 211 to 213 were painless.

bkesm605

Reaction score
Thank you very much..after 2 1/2 days stuck in boot loader. As for the battery, I had same problem with it dying and I did the USB wire and it worked. But what really worked that was fast and easy was using a LIPO battery charger on the Droid 4 battery. The battery comes out just fine on a Droid 4 after removing the label and 2 screws on the bottom of the battery. Hooked up red and black wires to battery charger and in about 20mins and a full battery to the rescue. You can get LIPO chargers at any hobby shop or hell its even worth asking your local RC or Hobby shop if they could help and let you quickly use a battery charger atthe shop. (Auto shops do things like that for free too)

:wink:

kenji91

Reaction score
bkesm605 said:
Thank you very much..after 2 1/2 days stuck in boot loader. As for the battery, I had same problem with it dying and I did the USB wire and it worked. But what really worked that was fast and easy was using a LIPO battery charger on the Droid 4 battery. The battery comes out just fine on a Droid 4 after removing the label and 2 screws on the bottom of the battery. Hooked up red and black wires to battery charger and in about 20mins and a full battery to the rescue. You can get LIPO chargers at any hobby shop or hell its even worth asking your local RC or Hobby shop if they could help and let you quickly use a battery charger atthe shop. (Auto shops do things like that for free too)

:wink:

I'm not too familiar with how LiPo chargers function but I'd be careful how long you leave it charging. If they have some sort of cut off to prevent overcharging the battery, then it doesn't matter. :)

kenji91

Reaction score
Dude that is so awesome!!! Cant believe I found a fellow hockey player, I have not only played since i was 4 years old but I am actually the assistant manager of Hockey Giant Cherry Hill retail store...we have over 20 million dollars worth of hockey equipment!

Just broke my last TotalONE stick. :(

Can you get me a discount on a new somehow? haha

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Found the problem. When I reinserted the microsd at some point I bent one if the pins inside of it. Used the t3 screwdriver to bend it back. Installed 215 successfully, then immediately hopped over to 217. Running hashcodes cm9 on top of this image now.