i think i have a bum battery :(

uncle_randall

Reaction score
Hi droid forum users, im your uncle and im here to ask for some help. My phone's about 3 weeks old roughly and it's my first smart phone. But im having issues with my battery in the sense that it's acting like an old well warn over used battery on the phone you have had for 2 years. It takes less than 30 minuets to charge from dead to 100% and then my battery jumps down to 90 within a couple seconds. And then it only lasts a little wile. Idk anthing i can do to resolve the issue?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
So I take it you don't have an extended battery right?

Secondly, how are you seeing 90%. The droids only show battery strength in 10% increments so as soon as your battery reaches 94%, you'll see 90%. To get real data load circle battery widget. If you press on the battery in Settings, Battery & data manager and don't see cell standby at the top, then tell us what is.

Thirdly, real data please. I can assume what you mean by "a little wile", but having the real amount of time would be real helpful. Even your statement of a couple seconds should be something you time with a watch to give us real data. Your usage, what apps you are running, what you are syncing, all matter as well. BTW, did you root or apply the update that is floating around the forum?

Finally, read this thread and try anything you haven't so far: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/169739-helping-battery-life-without-rooting.html

And now down into the weeds. If your battery is taking 30min to charge I would start with the assumption that the battery stats are messed up. Have you tried running it all the way down and recharging before powering it on? Don't do this very often, but if you hadn't tried it, now would be a good time.

If after that you are still not satisfied, take it to the store and demand they fix it. Or spring for an extended battery.