Battery life

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 global, and have had it for about a month or so. I have heard that smart phones have awful battery life, but I never imagined this bad. I installed advance task manager, and it has helped some. But if I give it any actual real use, battery just vanishes. I am wondering if this is just normal or if my phone battery is defective. BTW I also have the issue where when turn on, it resends roughly 4 old texts. Any help is appreciated.

sent from my droid 2 global using droidforums app

notoriousplaya9

Reaction score
Droid 2 global is known for having poor battery life. This is mostly due to the fact that is has a new 1.2 ghz processor thats draining it. Along with the global capabilites though they turn off I believe if not in use. It's supposed to get around 10 hours of life, less if used a lot; if your not getting anywehre near that there is something wrong, maybe a short circuit or hardware issue

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always root and then underclock to save battery. Its up to you

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies! Very useful information. As far as rooting and underclocking it goes, I would love to root it for that reason, and also to delete the installed apps that came on it you can't get rid of and don't need. But, I do not want to void my warranty since my phone is only couple months old as of now.

And notorious, thanks for the stats. My d2g is understandably quite a battery sucker as mentioned. Ten hours is no where near what I am getting. I have task killer installed. And auto kill. Most days I don't even talk on it much, just send some texts throughout the day and such. I charge it all night, and usually after about 4 or 5 hours tops, im back on charger! Crazy stuff. I don't need global, just only choice I had as they weren't selling regular droid 2 anymore.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was worried about the warranty too as my phone is only 4 months old, but I heard you can unroot and wipe any trace of rooting if you need to send it in. Not sure how true that is, but I went for it anyway. All the best!

notoriousplaya9

Reaction score
hey no problem, try not to use task killer tho.. I know that the d2g has android 2.2 which has a built in task manager so task killer is making your phone do extra work which hurts battery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!! I uninstalled my ATK. Now only thing I noticed is the phone gets slow the more stuff is opened recently.

Although, I have free memory recover that helps with that.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is mine.....OC'd to 1.25......thank you Battery Calibrator! Finally getting some life out of my battery. Now I wouldn't say this is under heavy use but I was trying to kill my battery. But I was also at work for 12 hours out of this so I couldn't focus on it as much as I would have liked. But I had an active wall paper running and all.
0c99b823-d85c-f3ff.jpg

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get your notification bar like that?

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Nerds, I can't get my battery to last even one day. That's with no live wallpaper, and trying to make it last! How'd u do that?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Slimpirudude, I'm with you. I just watched a 45 min show and I'm down to 60%. I'm using ultimate juice defender to for rooted phones. There has to be a way to increase batt life

russianfox

Reaction score
I know right! I even have the extended bp7x battery! And still only 5 hours of battery life.... this is ridiculous. Is the evo 4g or droid x life better?..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You have to have GB to get your notification bar like that. I'm getting great battery life with GB also. Hopefully it'll leak for the global so you guys can get it. It will probably help with your battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk